Netflix's Bojack Horseman

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Just recently got done binge-watching Bojack Horseman, and I gotta say I love it. The humour isn't for everyone and the first few episodes aren't the best, but after a while the characters and themes really grow into their own. There are points where the show really hits you in the gut, especially from episode 7 onward. Fantastic portrayal of depression and life in Hollywood.

I'm more curious about when season two of Bojack Horseman will premiere, although that's probably still a ways off and I'm really not sure if it needs a second season.

It's animated, so it might be a bit later on in the year.

darthnazgul wrote:I'm more curious about when season two of Bojack Horseman will premiere, although that's probably still a ways off and I'm really not sure if it needs a second season.
I have heard alot of that show. I will give it a try.

Hopefully Netflix adds Black Mirror White Christmas soon...

neb4ever wrote:
darthnazgul wrote:I'm more curious about when season two of Bojack Horseman will premiere, although that's probably still a ways off and I'm really not sure if it needs a second season.

It's not for everybody, but it's worth trying out.

neb4ever wrote:

Oh god Black Mirror is so good. A lot of shows have tried to be "The New Twilight Zone", but Black Mirror is the only thing I've seen which has actually managed to stick the landing and earn that title.

Bojack Horsemann is back July 17th.

Another pretty good season of Bojack Horseman.

Much like the first season, a majority of the jokes don't necessarily make my laugh out loud, but a few have me in stitches. The drama is damn genuine though, and voice acting itself is pretty fantastic. IMO, it's a comedy in the same way OITNB is a comedy, in that it's not a laugh-per-second riot. The comedy isn't woven into every single line, it's more character driven and situational.

There's a greater focus on these characters figuring themselves out, and that's what has kept me hooked.

Cilogy wrote:Another pretty good season of Bojack Horseman.

Much like the first season, a majority of the jokes don't necessarily make my laugh out loud, but a few have me in stitches. The drama is damn genuine though, and voice acting itself is pretty fantastic. IMO, it's a comedy in the same way OITNB is a comedy, in that it's not a laugh-per-second riot. The comedy isn't woven into every single line, it's more character driven and situational.

There's a greater focus on these characters figuring themselves out, and that's what has kept me hooked.
Agreed, really really enjoyed this new season. Aside from the Todd B-plots, everything else is fantastic. Some really feels moments too.

Thoughts on Ep 11 Cil?

Holy shit Bojack Horseman season 2 is fucking genius.