Stranger Things (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
S03 was amazing.

binge mode activated in May

It's here. And it's good. 5 episodes in. Except the first half of season 2, it's really a very good show.

They really could cut at least 10 mins off every episode. But still, I enjoyed it.

Max running with Kate Bush playing at the end of E04 is definitely the best scene.

Four episodes in and I'm enjoying it. It's basically a horror series now being a "Nightmare on Elm Street" homage(ripoff?), but the main baddie is scary and cool looking, and the cast has good chemistry together.

This is the best season since Season 1.

Absolutely phenomenal TV imo. And I've been greatly underwhelmed previously.

Bacon wrote:
June 4th, 2022, 4:58 pm
This is the best season since Season 1.

Absolutely phenomenal TV imo. And I've been greatly underwhelmed previously.
Yep.

I have to say, I really liked Season 2 - the Aliens inspired, more action-based sequel, and that final dance scene really made me emotional. But Season 3 was a disappointment for myself. There were elements of The Thing and The Fly sprinckled around a so-so coming of age comedy, with a bit late AIDS PSA, and underdeveloped and unnecessary Russian subplot.

Season 4, thankfully, really delivers. I love the NOES inspiration for this season but also that it goes back to the mystery element of Season 1 with Vecna. Seasons 2 and 3 had elements of mystery but this season really starts off by hooking you in from episode 1 and you really want to learn more the further you go.

Not to mention the series gets better and better with each season in terms of production value, set design and general filmmaking quality and this is no exception.

WIth Obi-Wan being such a huge disappointment thus far, Stranger Things really delivered. I just hope The Orville, Strange New Worlds and The Boys will do so as well.

I can't remember a time since season 1 when I was so engaged with this show.

It's equal parts thrilling and sentimental. Can't wait for part 2.

The scenes between El and Mike are so bizarre now. Mainly because Brown grew up to be as capable an adult actor as she was a child actor, and there are moments where she's putting her soul into the scene (lol) and you have Wolfhard on the other end, giving the most robotic monotonous performance imaginable, ruining her good work as the result.