Stranger Things (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
This show was excellent. Everything it was going for landed and the style was fantastic

A shame that is so short.

slevin_77 wrote:A shame that is so short.
Nope, it's perfectly paced. Much better than every other Netflix series to date that goes on way, way, way too long.

-Vader

I´m not saying it was badly paced or lacked development, I just didn't want it to end. I was having fun with it.

I'm five episodes in. This is truly something great. Don't miss it.

All the kids amaze every episode.

They're playing with such big emotions yet they're so natural and authentic.

Regarding the cinematography, the Duffer Brothers mentioned shooting it with a RED Epic Dragon & then added film grain that was scanned from 80s filmstock on top.
Ross Duffer: In college, even, we shot on film. It's always hard to know nowadays if it's just nostalgia. I don't think it is, I think film still looks a lot better with the depth of it and a texture to it. It's a dying art. We are very happy with how it looks. We did our best to replicate our preferred aesthetic which is a film look; that’s what we were going for.
Interview with the brothers on the show, & what's next: http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/strange ... 201816664/

ChrisTilford wrote: Ross Duffer: In college, even, we shot on film. It's always hard to know nowadays if it's just nostalgia. I don't think it is, I think film still looks a lot better with the depth of it and a texture to it.
That's cute.

Finished it. Holy shit I love this show. One of my favorite pieces of media of any kind in years. Hits me on every level.

-Vader

Say what? Well now I'm definitely giving it a go, just finished Mr. Robot season1.