Stranger Things (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Season 1 > Season 2 = Season 3. Not necessarily a bad thing at all though.

However, the show picked back up (as it normally does) in the final few episodes and 8 episodes of this show at its most predictable is still better than most episodes elsewhere.

Not getting the complaints about Hopper after seeing the full season. In the first season he's very much a lazy/goofy guy until stuff starts hitting the fan.

Steve, Robin, and Hopper are the best characters for sure (as two of them have been for each season), but they actually made me care about Mike/Eleven again in this season which rules.
The bathroom scene between Steve and Robin is the best scene of the season and made me wish we had more moments between characters like that.

Ruth wrote:
July 11th, 2019, 7:09 pm
Just watched episode 1.
ALSO. HOW MANY TIMES WILL THAT PORTAL NEED TO BE CLOSED
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stranger Things 3 smashes viewing figure record for Netflix

Mike and Hopper are indeed a little bit too much this season. The other lead characters safely walk on the edge of being at parts annoying, but remain charming at the same time.

Still Hopper is way cooler. Mike has grown to become a bit of a weak lead.

they're a publicly traded company, so I imagine the data they publish is accurate.

-Vader

netflix only releases a small fraction of their data, they don't allow third parties to check that data, nor do they reveal their methods for aquiring that data. not saying that netflix couldn't pull a 40 million stat from somewhere but a lack of transparency + a clear agenda = little reason to take them at face value

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 7:28 pm
netflix only releases a small fraction of their data, they don't allow third parties to check that data, nor do they reveal their methods for aquiring that data. not saying that netflix couldn't pull a 40 million stat from somewhere but a lack of transparency + a clear agenda = little reason to take them at face value
well they could get millions if not billions in fines for intentionally misleading the public over stock price

-Vader

i think netflix arrived at their numbers in a legally defendable way, all i'm saying is one should be especially critical in situations where a single party has complete control & something to gain

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 7:58 pm
i think netflix arrived at their numbers in a legally defendable way, all i'm saying is one should be especially critical in situations where a single party has complete control & something to gain
get a fucking PJ

-Vader