Stranger Things (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Is anyone here watching this? Came out today, & it's got 8 episodes. Halfway through it, & the story, setting, music, production value, & the cast (especially the kids) are really extraordinary.

This is brilliant. What Super 8 should've been. Has bite. It's really the pastiche trifecta with King/Carpenter/early Spielberg being dominant reference points, I'm two episodes in and I'm continually shocked and amazed how much consistently better (and more cinematic) TV has been in 2015 and 2016 than actual films have.

-Vader

Just wrapped it up. Seriously great stuff. Helluva finale, with quite a bit of ambiguity on a particular aspect, which I suppose will be explored in the next season.

Millie Brown is such a revelation.

ChrisTilford wrote:

Is anyone here watching this? Came out today, & it's got 8 episodes. Halfway through it, & the story, setting, music, production value, & the cast (especially the kids) are really extraordinary.
I'm two episodes along. It's wonderful.

Enjoy.

Just watched the first episode. Really impressed all round. Definitely worth a watch.

This show is amazing. Hooked.

So great

I just finished Episode 5 last night. This is really holy shit great.

Spoilers for episode 5:

They were even channeling ...
Under the Skin as an influence... jesus.
The visual / tonal / thematic reference points are broad, deep, and really really compelling. A+ show.

-Vader

I definitely need to catch up with this and The Night Of, as soon as I return from my vacation.