Stranger Things (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ruth wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 1:57 pm
Okay what the hell, I was not prepared to be moved so much. The last episode broke my heart so much.
By the time El reads Hopper’s letter to her, I was reduced to a sobbing mess. Like, dammit what the hell man. I did not expect, nor was I prepared for Hopper to die. :cry:

Also, Billy. The way I remember him from S2, he was a total ass. But I actually felt really bad for him. Poor redneck fuckboy dude didn’t deserve any of this. Poor Max.
On a more lighthearted note, can this show make me love Steve any more? Like stop it you guys.
I found the Russian subplot absurd, but amusing, and that’s very much thanks to the characters involved in it. They all had so much chemistry and it just works lol.I did hate the dollar store Terminator guy though.
Okay but I love how like all of the kids just fuck off to their respectable ways and nobody gives a shit, and their parents don’t give a shit. Of course we see Joyce call Will’s thirsty mom *once* to ask about Will, and right before shit hits the fan she sort of starts freaking out about her kids. But like. Where were Max’s, Erica and Lucas’, and Dustin’s parents lmao
I absolutely loved this season. It just kept getting better and better with each episode. Several characters do get sidelined, but with 8 episodes and a big cast it’s just difficult to pull off, so I get it.
Yeah, I'm surprised nobody is mentioning Billy's arc. I know he's just an asshole and basically a one note bad guy, but I was more invested in his story than Mike's and Will's brother that I can't remember the name (never understood why Mike is considered the protagonist - Lucas, Will and specially Dustin are way more interesting than him - Nancy too). His last moments with Eleven and with Max had me in tears like I haven't been in a long time ("You were happy", "I'm sorry..." - C'mon man, don't do this to me :cry:
Also his sacrifice to save Eleven had me gasping more than Hopper's fight with that fake Terminator.
Also, that Never Ending Story moment was cute as hell. That kid should be in future seasons.

Ivan wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 6:59 pm
Yeah, I'm surprised nobody is mentioning Billy's arc. I know he's just an asshole and basically a one note bad guy, but I was more invested in his story than Mike's and Will's brother that I can't remember the name (never understood why Mike is considered the protagonist - Lucas, Will and specially Dustin are way more interesting than him - Nancy too). His last moments with Eleven and with Max had me in tears like I haven't been in a long time ("You were happy", "I'm sorry..." - C'mon man, don't do this to me :cry:
Also his sacrifice to save Eleven had me gasping more than Hopper's fight with that fake Terminator.
Yeah. The performance was great too.
Ngl I did cry during those moments too. Poor guy had an abusive childhood, probably felt alienated and abandoned by the inclusion of a step sister, and held onto those few happy moments he had. But I don’t think he genuinely hated Max. That was heartbreaking.

I kind of wish we just saw more of his douchey milf hunting self instead of this show making me all messy with all these feelings :lol:
Also, unrelated and I forgot to add this to my orginal post but
when they mention “the american” in the post credits scene, my first instinct was that hopper was alive and the duffers played us all. Now I’m seeing everyone on reddit is thinking that and i’m like my tears were wasted!! lmao

Ruth wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 1:01 am
Also, unrelated and I forgot to add this to my orginal post but
when they mention “the american” in the post credits scene, my first instinct was that hopper was alive and the duffers played us all. Now I’m seeing everyone on reddit is thinking that and i’m like my tears were wasted!! lmao
Rule of thumb: no body, not dead.

Just finished season 3. I must say I enjoyed this a whole of a lot more than the previous season. The pacing was allright, with the intense scenes kicking in way sooner than I anticipated. It was quite thrilling actually. I loved Billy's arc,
the creatures and how El got to see Billy's memories
I thought that was pretty powerful stuff.
It was a good idea to split the team up a bit, I just loved Erica so much, sass to the max lol

Performances go from good to great imo. I think Hopper was the highlight in performance and how he developed.

Production value and especially the cinematography were top notch. Can't wait for season 4. I think that's meant to be the last one right? Otherwise I can see how they could tell one story with season 4/5 if they're going for a fifth season too. It's also fun to see these kids grow up

Nomis wrote:
July 23rd, 2019, 10:40 am
Just finished season 3. I must say I enjoyed this a whole of a lot more than the previous season. The pacing was allright, with the intense scenes kicking in way sooner than I anticipated. It was quite thrilling actually. I loved Billy's arc,
the creatures and how El got to see Billy's memories
I thought that was pretty powerful stuff.
It was a good idea to split the team up a bit, I just loved Erica so much, sass to the max lol

Performances go from good to great imo. I think Hopper was the highlight in performance and how he developed.

Production value and especially the cinematography were top notch. Can't wait for season 4. I think that's meant to be the last one right? Otherwise I can see how they could tell one story with season 4/5 if they're going for a fifth season too. It's also fun to see these kids grow up
I remember they talked they want to do 4-5 seasons, and I think they ended on 5.

source?

Can't find it again, sorry. We have to wait for another interview :P

Just finished season 2. The finale was fantastic.

I think season one is better. Season two did have a lot of filler but at the same time I do appreciate it since it fleshes the characters out more. Steve is a new favorite character now for me.

Looking forward to season 3 now.

Artemis wrote:
July 25th, 2019, 2:07 pm
Just finished season 2. The finale was fantastic.

I think season one is better. Season two did have a lot of filler but at the same time I do appreciate it since it fleshes the characters out more. Steve is a new favorite character now for me.

Looking forward to season 3 now.
I'm jealous.

I'm either surprised or giddy that it's paying homage or was totally influenced from one of my favorite game "Life Is Strange".