Stranger Things (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I don't know if this is better than Season 1, but it is a nearly perfect sequel. The last 4 episodes are possibly the best run of the whole show imo. The best VFX on TV outside of Game of Thrones, and The Duffer Bros know how to direct the hell out of an action scene and keep up pacing and emotion.

They took every criticism of Season 2 to heart and crafted a tight, focused, plotty and inventive sequel to what came before. One of my favorite things to come out this year.

I'm intrigued and excited for where this is going.

-Vader

Saw the first two episodes. Already love it more than the entirety of season 2 lol

Production value has gotten even better and the performances go from good to fantastic.

Standout for me is episode 6. Holy shit that ending. And of course last minutes of the finale. So much emotions.
Fantastic season.

This was fantastic. Much more focused than season 2. Maya Hawke is really good.

Yeah. The last 4 episodes of Season 3 is my favorite run of episodes in the entire series.

Great stuff.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 4:29 pm
Yeah. The last 4 episodes of Season 3 is my favorite run of episodes in the entire series.

Great stuff.

-Vader
You must think this is def the best season then right? because after ep 4 you said it is probably going to be the best. Still need to finish before I comment.

So far, the first 5 eps are intense and fast-paced, but I miss spending more time with the characters. Somehow the threat feels more pedestrian than in the previous seasons. Like, everything seems very "plotty" right now.

Perhaps that will change soon.

VFX are greatly improved though, which is nice.

ST3 is definitely the broadest season tonally (what you might mean by "pedestrian?"), but the most precise in the story it has to tell and what it has to say.

I don't think we're ever getting the lightning in a bottle magic of S1 back, and I think the Duffers know it too, which is why there's a meta-aspect of that built into the season.

It really works for me.

-Vader

Probably going to start this Wednesday. Excited to return to these characters even if season 2 had massive issues compared to the near perfect initial season.

I don't like how
Byers family and Nancy felt sidelined. They don't have much to do in this season.
Also,
Any word on how many more seasons will be there? I was expecting this one to be the last one.