The NolanFans Film Awards 2016 - THE RESULTS

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

So yeah more than halfway into 2016 and the results are only being announced now. The way I really wanted to do it was time consuming and I tried to delay it as much as possible so here we are. There are two winners for each acting category except the leading actress because the number of votes were equal in each case. If the quality of the work is not up to your standards you have Cilogy to blame for rushing me into doing this in a less than satisfactory manner. I tried to avoid texts in the gifs except one case which felt really necessary.

And one last thing,there might be spoilers ahead for anyone who is too sensitive to these sort of thing. Not major ones but even a shot might be more informing than how one might wish to be the case.

Best Picture

Best Direction

Best Original Screenplay

Best Adapted Screenplay

Best Cinematography

Best Editing

Best Original Score

Best Production Design

Best Visual Effects

Best Sound

Best Costume Design

Best Makeup & Hairstyling

Best Animated Film

Best Ensemble Performance

Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role

Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role

£

Finally. Very deserving results. Thanks Virgo! :gonf:

If the quality of the work is not up to your standards you have Cilogy to blame for rushing me into doing this in a less than satisfactory manner.
Sasster Virgo

Master Virgo wrote:Image

So yeah more than halfway into 2016 and the results are only being announced now. The way I really wanted to do it was time consuming and I tried to delay it as much as possible so here we are. There are two winners for each acting category except the leading actress because the number of votes were equal in each case. If the quality of the work is not up to your standards you have Cilogy to blame for rushing me into doing this in a less than satisfactory manner. I tried to avoid texts in the gifs except one case which felt really necessary.

And one last thing,there might be spoilers ahead for anyone who is too sensitive to these sort of thing. Not major ones but even a shot might be more informing than how one might wish to be the case.

Best Picture

Best Direction

Best Original Screenplay

Best Adapted Screenplay

Best Cinematography

Best Editing

Best Original Score

Best Production Design

Best Visual Effects

Best Sound

Best Costume Design

Best Makeup & Hairstyling

Best Animated Film

Best Ensemble Performance

Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role

Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role

£

I passionately hate some of the results

TheLordNolan wrote:I passionately hate some of the results
Hmm, which ones? I'd say outside of BP which no doubt Fury Road wasn't too far from deserving and Stallone perhaps, NF pretty much hit the nail on the head.£

I definitely wouldn't give Fury Road best picture. It had a mediocre story, at best. I also wouldn't give it best director. It had very average acting. I'd say that everyone except for Holt was subpar.

Technically it was really good (although the CGI storms and debris looked fake as shit) so it deserves recognition for that but when we're talking best picture I think all components should be taken into consideration. Both technical achievement, acting and story and to me the best film of the year could either be Room or Inside Out.