Dexter (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
FirelordSylar wrote:What I saw of Season 6 I loved. Colin Hanks is a wonderful young actor(Still pissed The Good Guys got cancelled, show was great.) and the character was interesting. Trying to completely catch up before season 7 starts.

Also, while S3 does not live up to S1 & S2, it is far from bad television. Still better than half the crap that's on.
That's true. Dexter S3 was better than the average S3 of a TV series (that I've seen).

Walking in on her brother killing Travis Marshall (Colin Hanks) in the Dexter season 6 finale, Deb’s revelation of Dexter’s true self was originally going to kick off the series’ final season this year. However, speaking with TV Guide, executive producer Sara Colleton notes Showtime ultimately convinced them to wait until Dexter season 8 to end the series.

Though Showtime bosses hope otherwise, Colleton confirms that Dexter will definitely be ending next year:
We wanted to end it this year, but the network convinced us that it would be best to do it in two years. In some ways, this is a two-season series-ender. We have worked that out and know where it's going to end. Next year will definitely be the last year of Dexter. Absolutely.
Highlighting her intent from the early stages of developing the series, Colleton knew that the twisted tale of Dexter Morgan would ultimately be a seven-year journey. Even though extending the final season arc across two years may not have be what was originally planned, Colleton believes that it is something that can “easily” be done.
From the very beginning, when I first started developing the pilot, I always knew it would be a seven-year arc for this series. I feel easily that we can be an eight-year show, but I never want it to get old and stale. I want us to go out on a high and everybody on the show is determined to keep the level of it up to the very end. It’s always wise to know when it’s time to leave the stage before you’re asked to leave the stage.
Although producers are till unsure about what the final scene of Dexter will be, everything else has already been planned. With slight tweaks to their original arc, they know exactly where the story is headed, and how it’s going to end.
We don’t know what the final scene is, but we know where it’s going. We know now exactly how it’s going to end and how the series will end.

oracle86 wrote:
We don’t know what the final scene is, but we know where it’s going. We know now exactly how it’s going to end and how the series will end.
*incomprehensible noise* And they're making us wait til 2014 (probably 2015 for the UK) to find out?! :shock: That does feel like a long way away. I'll be in my final year of university then! :lol:

Glad they have an arch worked out. Don't like it when they make shit up as they go.

chee wrote:
I love this show, and loved last season, cant wait for the new one!

Alberto wrote:
Showtime has got to be the biggest troll ever.

chee wrote:
Alberto wrote:
Showtime has got to be the biggest troll ever.
:lol: :lol: Fair do's, Showtime. Fair do's.