Dexter (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Wow, this last episode was a little ... Image

There never seemed to be any real danger to Dex & friends until this episode, which made it seem kinda forced. Yes the twist many of us saw coming from miles away was very obvious, but I have a feeling we will get an even bigger twist at the end of this season if the writers say that this is supposed to translate into the next two seasons.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

I liked yesterday episode I felt the show started to pick up more. I want to know more about the intern.

I'm sorry, but this whole season was just a missed opportunity, probably the weakest one of all 6. When we learned it was all about religion and religious crimes, I thought "yeah, this is the right direction" because it opened up lots of really interesting potentials and opportunities for Dex himself. I have seen none of that beyond the first few episodes. It's like the season was trying to accomplish too many things that it ended up having no solid theme.

I feel this show has, over time, lost its cinematic intensity that it had during Season 1 and especially Season 4. The tension has been fluctuating so much in Season 6, it feels like a Lifetime movie.This last episode next week sounds good because the danger to Dex and family members seems closer, but there has been barely any build up.

If my speculation that Deb will find out about Dex's dark passenger in the finale is correct, then this whole season would have been just a vehicle for that arc, and nothing more.

Poor Deb. She got Incepted by the psychologist. what a horrible dirty idea..ugh. And Quinn finally got served. But overall, the religious mumbo jumbo has been a bit cheesy to put it mildly across the season.

They tired too do much this season. Way too many character arcs.
I hope next season is better.

If Deb finds out, then it would make this season worth it.

But the incest? No thanks.

chee wrote:If Deb finds out, then it would make this season worth it.

It's not an incest.

I'm just disappointed. I mean, after seeing what they could do with a villain like Trinity in season 4 and what they could do with arguably no central villain in season 5 (and still manage to churn out a great story and arc) it's a shame that season 6 was such a waste.

RIFA wrote:
chee wrote:If Deb finds out, then it would make this season worth it.

It's not an incest.
:facepalm: don't give me that "they're not blood related" bs. They're still brother and sister.

CroissantRoll wrote:
RIFA wrote:
It's not an incest.
:facepalm: don't give me that "they're not blood related" bs. They're still brother and sister.
I thought that Deb's shrink at first was kinda kool. But it is a shame that they had to kill that character with such a stupid Inception. I hated how it ended, because Deb was repairing her own self in those convos. And that shrink really went in with full force and destroyed her without any thought it seemed. Part of a plan or just fkn insane? Just very, very cheap and dumb. Fits the season eitherway! Disappointed...