You Were Never Really Here (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
April 9th, 2018, 6:03 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
April 9th, 2018, 1:20 pm
Festivals don't count. That film was first released on 20 January 2017 in US which is the country that its production belongs to.£
Release dates are weird. The UK and U.S. release of this movie = 2018. You could decide a movie is "2017" based on one release in one country that's a tiny market, but that seems kind of arbitrarily at-odds with how the industry decides release dates.

Most people aren't going to see this movie until 2018.

-Vader
Sure, but the thing is, that France where the film was released last year, is one of the countries of origin for this film. Nevertheless we should definitely include this in our NF Awards next year, because it would be a pity for this to get stuck like this in between two years.£

Master Virgo wrote:
April 9th, 2018, 6:16 pm
Vader182 wrote:
April 9th, 2018, 6:03 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
April 9th, 2018, 1:20 pm
Festivals don't count. That film was first released on 20 January 2017 in US which is the country that its production belongs to.£
Release dates are weird. The UK and U.S. release of this movie = 2018. You could decide a movie is "2017" based on one release in one country that's a tiny market, but that seems kind of arbitrarily at-odds with how the industry decides release dates.

Most people aren't going to see this movie until 2018.

-Vader
Sure, but the thing is, that France where the film was released last year, is one of the countries of origin for this film. Nevertheless we should definitely include this in our NF Awards next year, because it would be a pity for this to get stuck like this in between two years.£
That's fair. It always gives me whiplash to hear British critics putting La La Land in best of 2017 lists and the like.

-Vader

Nomis wrote:
April 9th, 2018, 6:04 pm
you should pay money bacon
If my area is not among the films listed in it's 4/20 "nationwide" release, I'm probably biting it. I've waited through arbitrary and continuous delays for this film. Let's hope Amazon Studios actually puts this in places people can reach.

Yeah that's true, you've waited a long time. I hope it's a good blu-ray.

Hopefully I'll be watching this film tonight.
Once again I'm intrigued by Greenwood's supposedly great score (for this film).

i’m busy this week, so I’m waiting until 04/20. if it’s not out where i’m at, then I’ll probably turn to cyber crime

The underwater sequence is one of the most breathtaking scenes I've ever seen.
A spectacular achievement. Shape of Water looks like a student film in hindsight.

For those of you that can't see this in theaters, a Remux is online.

-Vader

This was kinda meh. It's like a not-so-good Taxi Driver, more or less. Phoenix is pretty great though, per usual.

BraveLittlePoster wrote:
April 11th, 2018, 3:18 am
This was kinda meh. It's like a not-so-good Taxi Driver, more or less. Phoenix is pretty great though, per usual.
The moments, which define this film are what makes it different from obvious references such as Taxi Driver.