Christine (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Those are fucking great posters

Remaking everything these days, although the car makeup on Hall is shit

ArmandFancypants wrote:Remaking everything these days, although the car makeup on Hall is shit
Except Chayefsky started writing Network months before the incident and it was a bizzare, if subconsciously well informed, coincidence. Plus this ain't a remake, it's real life.

BlairCo wrote:My most anticipated performance of this year.
Same. Tied with Liam Neeson in Silence.

She's much more exciting than the people with actual Oscar buzz, go figure. Largely politics, popularity and how much money your distributor is willing to spend. Not quality per say.

Location: You'll find me in the region of the summer stars✶*¨*✫
Oh shit! I didn't know about this. I thought this thread was about a remake of Christine by Stephen King.
I have been fascinated with Christine's story for years (after reading about it on FindADeath.com) The people on that board have been trying to track down the footage of her shooting herself for ages. Can't wait to see this! (and those posters are awesome)
Last edited by Nik82 on September 9th, 2016, 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

I was just reading about Christine the other night and felt the chills running down my spine. The whole thing about that final VHS piece that apparently still exists reminds me of Black Mirror series so much, just the overall obsession of digital age not being able to obtain this 'vital' piece of someone else's tragedy and now it's this sort of holy grail of deep web. Frightening, telling, really potent material depending on how much you wanna dig, and dig within yourself as a human being as well.

m4st4 wrote:I was just reading about Christine the other night and felt the chills running down my spine. The whole thing about that final VHS piece that apparently still exists reminds me of Black Mirror series so much, just the overall obsession of digital age not being able to obtain this 'vital' piece of someone else's tragedy and now it's this sort of holy grail of deep web. Frightening, telling, really potent material depending on how much you wanna dig, and dig within yourself as a human being as well.
Isn't it believed that her family had the tape destroyed? Since it was before VCR's were in every home, I don't believe the footage will ever turn up.

F.A.D. thread - http://www.findadeath.com/forum/showthr ... e-Chubbuck

Latest development from last year I believe was that there was in fact a second piece of footage that wasn't destroyed but won't be shown publicly out of respect to her family.

m4st4 wrote:Latest development from last year I believe was that there was in fact a second piece of footage that wasn't destroyed but won't be shown publicly out of respect to her family.
I just watched a video which claimed there were three videos, two of which the family had destroyed. The third supposedly belongs to Mark and Molly Nelson. Apparently Mark owned WXLT-TV, the station Christine worked at and when people found out they had it they turned it over to a law firm for safe keeping.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNrwY23Lm0g

Nik82 wrote:
m4st4 wrote:Latest development from last year I believe was that there was in fact a second piece of footage that wasn't destroyed but won't be shown publicly out of respect to her family.
I just watched a video which claimed there were three videos, two of which the family had destroyed. The third supposedly belongs to Mark and Molly Nelson. Apparently Mark owned WXLT-TV, the station Christine worked at and when people found out they had it they turned it over to a law firm for safe keeping.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNrwY23Lm0g
Yup, that's the one.