Cruella (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Emma Stone is in early negotiations to portray the iconic Disney villainess Cruella de Vil in the film Cruella, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The project, Disney's live-action re-imagining of the 101 Dalmatians character, has no director but it is a priority for the studio which is hoping to shoot the film later this year.

Kelly Marcel is writing the script which is intended to be an origin story of the character. Aline Brosh McKenna worked on an early version of the script.

Andrew Gunn is producing. Kristin Burr and Jessica Virtue are overseeing for the studio.

De Vil is the villain who was obsessed with capturing the dalmatians in the 1961 animated classic, intent on having their hides. Glenn Close played her in the 1996 live-action film produced by John Hughes that the character her the head of a fashion house.

Stone last appeared in Aloha and next stars in Damien Chazelle’s La La Land, in which she reteams with Ryan Gosling. She is repped by WME and Anonymous Content.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... lla-852693

lolwut

Go the Maleficent route - she actually loves doggies and was just misunderstood!

ArmandFancypants wrote:Go the Maleficent route - she actually loves doggies and was just misunderstood!
It's going to happen.

Allstar wrote:lolwut

Disney needs to have an intervention.

I like what they did with Cindy and Jungle Book looks neat, but turning villains into antiheroes or whatever, protagonists even, isn't a good idea. Brings a lot of money though, at least Maleficent did.

I like
Emma Stone but this is just not necessary. I think Disney needs a sit down.

I just can't picture Emma being mean to puppies.