Cruella (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nistopher Colon wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 2:55 pm
They look like their new album is dropping soon

I got 101 dalmatians, but this bitch ain't one
:lol: :clap:

Emily Beecham has joined the cast. All right now I'm interested in this.

So they're simply giving Cruella de Vil the Joker treatment?

BlairCo wrote:
February 17th, 2021, 10:01 am

So they're simply giving Cruella de Vil the Joker treatment?
I saw your comment before seeing it and I was like "he's exaggerating". But after watching it... Nope, you're spot on.

Who gives the OK to this shit?

The trailer doesn't look bad but I'm just wondering... how are they trying to make a dog abuser a symphatethic or at least a cool character? That's what I'm getting their intention is from the trailer and I don't see a chance in hell of people being behind Cruella for what she is.

I know it might soud dark but it's one thing to like a murderer like Joker. People can actually rationalize that in some strange cases, some even fantasize murdering their boss, that guy who cut you off on the highway or whoever... but fucking SKINNING DOGS? Sorry, that's not "cool" on any level, even on "she's so bad and she loves it" like Ramsay Snow.

Emma Stone doing her best Eva Green.

ChristNolan wrote:
February 17th, 2021, 10:42 am
Who gives the OK to this shit?

LelekPL wrote:
February 17th, 2021, 10:53 am
The trailer doesn't look bad but I'm just wondering... how are they trying to make a dog abuser a symphatethic or at least a cool character? That's what I'm getting their intention is from the trailer and I don't see a chance in hell of people being behind Cruella for what she is.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. In the original she is a comedic character, of course, not a full-on sadistic criminal, I mean she was a cartoon first, and even in the film Glenn Close was a cartoonish person. We rooted for the dogs because we saw that the cartoonishly evil woman wants to "hurt dogs", and "make coats out of dogs", but we never really had to fully grasp what that meant, because it was a cartoon. But now that Cruella will... in a way... be grounded in a sort of psychological reality... I cannot help myself but to think that she is a fucking mass animal torturer and murderer. Why in the love of God are we supposed to care for the backstory of Cruella?? There are no standards by which she is in the slightest bit symphatetic, I mean there shouldn't be... right?? Maybe I'm overthinking it, I just don't get the concept at all. It's almost like a parody trailer.

Remember when you could just enjoy these villains revel in their own evil? Ultimately I don't care what made these villains what they were because it doesn't change a single thing in terms of what they do or attempt to do. Cruella wants to skin 101 puppies to make fur coats out of them. I don't really give a sh*t that she had like a sad childhood or whatever when she tries to murder them all. But the character is a joy to watch in the animated film despite how evil she is. You can go on and on about how terrible these villains' lives have been, doesn't matter ultimately.