Predict: Movies in 2016

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
antovolk wrote:Deadpool becomes 2016's Kingsman
Tie between Leo and Fassbender at the Oscars
Fury Road wins Best Picture
BvS is hailed as WB's Avengers and beats Civil War in critics response and box office
MGM/EON announce Craig leaving Bond and new actor/director/timeline for Bond 25 onwards
Lionsgate cancels Hunger Games film prequel and theme park plans
IDR is hailed as a masterpiece
Dunkirk teaser actually features decent amounts of footage from the film
Warcraft flops
Fantastic Beasts flops
Assassin's Creed rises
You have some very bold predictions here.

The Taxman wrote:You have some very bold predictions here.
Indeed. :clap: Crazy bold. Keep 'em coming people. This thread will be interesting throughout the year.

There will be a good January movie.
Either Creed, Mad Max : Fury Road or Star Wars : The Force Awakens will get nominated for best picture.
Fassbender, DiCaprio and Damon will get nominated for Best Actor and the other two will be suprises.
Hail, Caesar will be a fantastic movie that will get several Oscar nominations.
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies will be a lot of fun.
Deadpool will have a mixed reaction and start a cult following.
Triple Nine will be a great thriller.
Midnight Special will be Jeff Nichols's best movie yet.
Dawn of Justice will have a reaction similar to Man of Steel and Civil War will beat it in crticial and commerical acclaim.
Keanu (Key and Peele movie) will be the best comedy of the year.
X Men : Apocalypse will be better than Days of Future Past.
Warcraft will be adorded by those who play the game but Assassin's Creed and The Angry Birds Movie will be the big video game hits.
Conjuring 2 will be a fantastic sequel and the second best horror of the year behind The Witch.
The BFG will be another Spielberg masterpiece.
The Purge 3 will be the best in the series and actually good.
Ghostbusters will be a lot of fun.
La La Land (Chazelle's follow up to Whiplash) will be one of the best movies of the year.
Star Trek : Beyond will be not as good as Abrams' Star Treks but fun.
Bourne 5 will be great and a return to form.
Suicide Squad will be a critical and commercial hit.
Sausage Party will be hysterical and another hit for Rogen and Goldberg.
The Magnificent Seven will be one of Fuqua's best movies in years.
Inferno will be a return to form for Ron Howard.
Rogue One will be an excellent war movie set in the Star Wars universe.
Silence will be one of the best movies of the year.

m4st4 wrote:
The Taxman wrote:You have some very bold predictions here.
Indeed. :clap: Crazy bold. Keep 'em coming people. This thread will be interesting throughout the year.
More of a crazy wishlist than prediction but cheers you both :)

1.) We'll see masterpieces from both Spielberg and Scorsese this year which will be fantastic.
2.) Hail, Caesar! will be great, but even more forgotten than Inside Llewyn Davis due to its release date and tone.
3.) Batman V Superman will be very divisive. Especially Eisenberg's performance. It'll make bank, though.
4.) Civil War will also be pretty divisive, much like Age of Ultron.
5.) Doctor Strange will most likely be the best superhero movie of the year.
6.) X-Men Apocalypse will be pretty bad. Definitely a step down from the previous X-Men films.
7.) Warcraft will flop, Assassin's Creed will not.
8.) Rogue One will be okay.

antovolk wrote:BvS is hailed as WB's Avengers and beats Civil War in critics response and box office
Fantastic Beasts flops
Good luck.

Since a lot of us are mentioning Warcraft's flop, I'm gonna go ahead and predict that it won't even get close to banking $1,000,000,000.

There was a time when I thought people might not be familiar with the Warcraft following and may underestimate the potential of the franchise. Now I'm thinking I may have thought too much about it in the first place.

For example, in my country WarCraft universe is extremely popular as it was one of the few games that were available at the internet cafes. So a lot of folks grew up on either WarCraft 3, World of WarCraft or the first DOTA which is based on Warcraft. However, there's almost like 0 anticipation for this film lol. It's really weird. It's like most of the gamers do make a difference between the game and the movie. I mean some think the movie will be ridiculous and that they shouldn't have brought the universe on screen because it doesn't make much sense to them. It's also the fact that they got used with being part of that world and watching a movie is definitely not the same experience so for them... the movie is a downgrade from the start. They read the books, they love the books, they love the games... but they are just not excited about the movie.

Not sure how exactly it is in other countries but considering the reception for the movie has been divisive on the internet and within the Warcraft community as well, I wouldn't be so sure of this movie's success even from a financial pov. Now it depends what you consider succees for a movie like warcraft. I think doing less than 700-800 mil is pretty much a flop at this point.
Last edited by RIFA on January 3rd, 2016, 6:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Warcraft will make $653 million.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:Warcraft will make $653 million.
Domestic or worldwide?

GeneMod wrote:
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:Warcraft will make $653 million.
Domestic or worldwide?
Domestic would mean it would beat titanic lol