Predict: Movies in 2016

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Hail, Caesar! will surprise at the Oscars the same way The Grand Budapest Hotel did.

Gambit will be a disappointment, and Deadpool will be the best X-Men movie this year.

Doctor Strange will be the best MCU movie of the year.

Ben-Hur and Gods of Egypt will be the final nail in the coffin on Historical Epics.

Star Trek Beyond, Now You See Me 2, Alice Through the Looking Glass, The Jungle Book and The Huntsman will all flop or be financial disappointments.

The Legend of Tarzan will be the surprise of the year, the same way Edge of Tomorrow was.

Deadpool will make its budget back but probably won't gross much. Critics will probably tear it apart but it will be a cult movie.

BvS will be fresh on RT, lol. And will be less divisive than any other Snyder movies.
m4st4 wrote:
3) Warcraft and/or Assassin's Creed will start a new trend in Hollywood

One of these movies (or, if we're lucky, both) will be a critical and commercial success, creating a new trend of massive video game adaptations that aren't just a joke like superhero movies were in the past.
And this too.

BlairCo wrote:Doctor Strange will be the best MCU movie of the year.
BlairCo wrote:Star Trek Beyond, Now You See Me 2, Alice Through the Looking Glass, The Jungle Book and The Huntsman will all flop or be financial disappointments.
BlairCo wrote:The Legend of Tarzan will be the surprise of the year, the same way Edge of Tomorrow was.
These three are interesting to me.

a) Agreed - spiritual themes, wonderful cast, great looking protagonist - let's see how far it goes with that.
b) I still think Alice and The Jungle Book will do great on b.o. - TJB has almost zero competition in April, aside from BvS launching in late March. And Alice... look at the first one.
c) I wish! Burroughs deserves at least one solid adaptation.

Allstar wrote:Silence will be a goddamn masterpiece with a capital M.
Agreed. I will go even further and predict that it'll win Scorsese his second Oscar.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
Gambit and Assassin's Creed switch release dates.

Batman V Superman has the second biggest opening weekend of all time. It also ends up as the highest grossing movie of the year and the 4th highest grossing movie of all time worldwide.

Even though it will kill at the box office Disney will trouble selling general audiences on the idea of Star Wars spin-offs. Some people will actually not realize that they're not seeing Episode 8.

The Secret Life of Pets will be the box office surprise of the year.

Despite being one of the best reviewed movies of the year, War Machine won't be an oscar contender. However it will do well in the Comedy category at the Golden Globes.

Civil War will get crucified by fanboys despite massive box-office, critical acclaim, and being one the better films in the MCU.

Warcraft will flop. However the success of Assassin's Creed and The Angry Birds Movie will be enough to kick start the video game movie trend.

Ben-Hur has worse visual effects than the 1959 version.

The McConaissance 2.0 is coming in 2016.

Both The Free State of Jones and Gold are being released this year.

MyCocaine wrote:The McConaissance 2.0 is coming in 2016.

Gary Ross is a hack so I doubt Free State will be good.

Allstar wrote:
MyCocaine wrote:The McConaissance 2.0 is coming in 2016.

Gary Ross is a hack so I doubt Free State will be good.
Perhaps but it's a great story and McConaughey looks powerful and he did a fine job with
Hunger Games so I remain optimistic. Gold has all the ingredients for greatness.

I'm afraid Leo won't get the oscar for The Revenant :lol:

This is going to be hilarious. He's great in it but I doubt he's a lock-in at the moment.

I still think his best chance was with Django. Fucking Waltz man and whoever voted for him.
Last edited by RIFA on January 2nd, 2016, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIFA wrote:I'm afraid Leo won't get the oscar for The Revenant :lol:
Who's going to win then?