Mindhunter (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 9:49 am
NOOOOOOOOO! Also when is his next film?
ikr

Asap I hope

At least Oldman is already on board, I figure they start shooting in the first half of next year or something at the earliest?

Ace

omgg

So season 3 late 2021?? hopefully not 2022

Nomis wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 10:54 am
omgg
Maybe next fall? :gonf:

hope so!

I love this show

Also maybe they should get rid of the RED camera's lol, skintones weren't exactly in their favor this season

I meant the film btw. Fall 2021/2022 for Mindhunter :(

I don’t think it was the camera’s fault lol. Blame it on the lighting and color grading

‘Mindhunter’ Future In Limbo As Series’ Cast Is Released & Season 3 Renewal Is Put On Indefinite Hold
It’s been five months since Season 2 of Mindhunter launched on Netflix. Over that time, there has been no movement on part of the streamer regarding a potential third season of the David Fincher crime thriller drama. Last month, Netflix let the options of the cast, led by stars Holt McCallany and Jonathan Groff, lapse, further raising the possibility that we may have seen the last of Mindhunter.

That is not entirely the case, the network told Deadline while confirming that the options on the cast, which includes co-star Anna Torv, have expired.

“David is focused on directing his first Netflix film Mank and on producing the second season of Love, Death and Robots,” a Netflix spokesperson said in a statement. “He may revisit Mindhunter again in the future, but in the meantime felt it wasn’t fair to the actors to hold them from seeking other work while he was exploring new work of his own.”

It is unclear whether a third season of Mindhunter is feasible. According to sources, the cast love working with Fincher and most if not all would be willing to come back for another season but they may be tied to another series.

There has been chatter that Fincher was not particularly thrilled to do another lengthy location shoot (Mindhunter films in Pittsburgh) and was looking to raise the series’ production value with a bigger budget.

But I hear there has been no meaningful communication between Netflix, the director and the cast about a third season.