2016 Golden Globe Awards

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Lmfao

MyCocaine wrote:
Tesla wrote:I thought the way Gervais laid into Mel Gibson was a bit much. I felt a bit sorry for him. I don't condone Gibson's recent 'actions' but I do think he deserves a second chance. I miss him as a actor and even more so as a Director. I think he is a fine Director. Hopefully he makes a comeback with Hacksaw Ridge.
A second chance? Mel Gibson deserves ridicule and public humiliation for his actions.
He is a mad man who has gotten away with far too much. He's basically the American/Australian incarnation of Joseph Goebbels. His propaganda in The Passion of the Christ is an assault on Jews everywhere. And you feel sorry for him?
I can understand your strong views regarding Gibsons antisemitic remarks but comparing Gibson to Goebbels is taking it too far in my humble opinion. His biggest problem was his alcoholism. I'll agree with you, he turned into just short of a lunatic at his lowest point. I believe in second chances and am more than happy to see him return to his former glories.

As a piece of filmaking I loved The Passion of the Christ. Jim Caviezel was especially Oscar worthy IMHO. I'm not learned enough to say whether it was propaganda against Jews. I remember reading negative views from Jews with regard to the film at the time but also some positive ones. Again though I am not in a position to make that call as I just don't know the religious scripture in enough detail. Maybe you do? All I know is that I really liked the filmmaking, does that make me antisemitic?

So my long winded point is that that yes I felt sorry for the guy when Ricky Gervais laid into him in front of Hollywood and the world. And yes I feel he deserves a chance at a come back.

I can't believe someone would, in their right mind, draw a comparison between a merely controversial movie star and an actual Nazi propagandist.

MyCocaine wrote:Yes, I do. You speak only one. The vibes I'm receiving from you certainly isn't that of an master of tongues. No sir. You may be familiar with a little Spanish but that's about it.
LOL you're wrong, good sir.

Pratham wrote:
theseeker9175 wrote:So many hot people here.
I think there's a reason why hot people are in show business. But I can't figure it out for the life of me.
IKR curry
Allstar wrote:Image
If someone had told me some time ago that Brie Larson and Leo were winning Oscars at the same time, I'd laugh. A lot.

But now I'm really happy! Now give another Oscar to Kate to make this even better :thumbup:
shauner111 wrote:I watched the J-Law/Reporter thing, and im siding with her, sorry. I would have done the same thing. The guy should look at her when he's talking and know about his surroundings a little more. Everyone is so fixated on their phones these days that it's sickening. Reporter or not.
No matter what, the blame goes to the reporter I guess...
MyCocaine wrote:
Tesla wrote:I thought the way Gervais laid into Mel Gibson was a bit much. I felt a bit sorry for him. I don't condone Gibson's recent 'actions' but I do think he deserves a second chance. I miss him as a actor and even more so as a Director. I think he is a fine Director. Hopefully he makes a comeback with Hacksaw Ridge.
A second chance? Mel Gibson deserves ridicule and public humiliation for his actions.
He is a mad man who has gotten away with far too much. He's basically the American/Australian incarnation of Joseph Goebbels. His propaganda in The Passion of the Christ is an assault on Jews everywhere. And you feel sorry for him?
Whoa

MyCocaine wrote:
Law wrote:MyCocaine has had too much cocaine
Says, the dude who poses in mirrors at questionable public toilet houses.

Only Jehovah knows what occurred inside those decaying walls.
:lol: :facepalm:

Writing's on the Wall winning is an absolute joke. Wouldn't it have been awesome to see Radiohead win it instead?

I dunno, I think "Writing's on the Wall" is actually pretty good in the context of the film. And that's what they're judged on. In fact I think it fits better than the Radiohead effort.

MyCocaine wrote:A second chance? Mel Gibson deserves ridicule and public humiliation for his actions.
What the single fuck are you talking about... :facepalm: