Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Depends on who's talking as always. You should be the judge. I believe the general rule here is a) if you hated theatrical you won't suddenly love UC (there's that one guy over at collider video though) and b) if you at least appreciated some aspects of theatrical cut you'll be more open to UC and react accordingly. At least now there's no mention of editing issues, except for the tacked on JL.wmv scene. Literally the only aspect that still sticks out right now, editing wise.

antovolk wrote:In case anyone wanted to watch the stunning opening 10 minutes again
Sweet. Thanks for posting this.

Forum Pro
Law
Let me get this straight..

Despite numerous buildings being destroyed and falling, jet planes firing missiles and crashing, a gigantic alien spaceship hovering over Earth and Superman fighting with another alien.. The people in Wayne Enterprises needed permission to evacuate?

"Alright guys boss wants us out!!"

No shit Jack.

antovolk wrote:And here's a trailer I've been working on
Great job.

This version is a vast improvement for me. Most of the primary characters benefit greatly, with Superman at the top of the list. I went from being almost completely indifferent to his presence in the third act to feeling sorry for the guy (and Lois). It plays like a Superman movie and, not that the bar was that high to begin with, this is the most compelling version of the character on screen so far.

Watching this movie a second time doesn't help at all but make me like the movie less. Ultimate Cut didn't add much for me. There are a few parts I like more and it is more cohesive but overall my viewing dropped. The movie is barely worth 3 hours. Seeing all these positive reviews make me feel quite guilty saying this. There's nothing I could want more than to have the entire script re-written.

Never watched BvS theatrical, so by the magic of the pirate kingdom (I'm putting money in Bluray only a) if good and rewatchable, b) if it has commentary track(s), and c) I have money for it) I will see in Extended Edition. Is there a chance to have the theatrical one also, for comparison's sake?

What do you mean, like on blu-ray? I think both should be included, but Warners made it clear UC is the primary version for home video, since you can't even buy just theatrical. If you're talking piracy I believe only TS version is available right now, not recommended.

m4st4 wrote:What do you mean, like on blu-ray? I think both should be included, but Warners made it clear UC is the primary version for home video, since you can't even buy just theatrical. If you're talking piracy I believe only TS version is available right now, not recommended.
there are good webrip 1080p versions already which are same as BRrips to me (bluray in the next days), but no theatrical version, only UC.

JohnConstantine wrote: there are good webrip 1080p versions already which are same as BRrips to me (bluray in the next days), but no theatrical version, only UC.
I believe there is a theatrical webrip available too actually. Anyway - no commentary tracks on the Blu release btw, and yeah m4, both cuts are included as standard on most Blu-rays.