Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Batfleck was more bad than good, the more I think about it (he only looked the part), Scott Snyder hasn't done anything really great since Court of Owls and Rebirth just looks like another "non-reboot" that will only make things more complicated instead of making a clear hard reboot without the soap opera nonsense that accumulated along the years.

That's my point of view on this. So nope, that's not convincing me, sadly.

If you have a different point of view, that's cool. I don't even care to defend my position on this.

I guess this will be my last post in this thread.

I can only hope.

Lelek, it just means you're growing up and seeing the trees for the forest. You've come to realize most of this stuff is juvenile in its nature and targeted specifically for man-children and teenagers. Nolan's films being the huge outlier here seeing as he treated the material as actual films with weight and nuance to them and not as a video game or comic book. And even that didn't stop said audience from hopping onto the bandwagon. He comes from a vastly different world of independent filmmaking and literature than most of those in this genre like Snyder (who'd be better off in the video game realm).

Anytime someone can see the reality of it all is a good thing IMO.

The Church of Nolan has spoken.

m4st4 wrote:The Church of Nolan has spoken.
A fitting rebuttal.

LelekPL wrote:You know what, after digesting everything, having some free time on my holiday, I found myself just NOT CARING anymore.

I was so dissapointed in BvS that I really stopped caring about Batman altogether. Much like B&R years ago, it actually killed all of my anticipation for superhero movies, both Marvel and DC. Now, they just seem like mindless entertainment without any real depth, without saying anything about humanity. It's just... childish. Even when they try to say something it's packaged in a silly, cliched story about guys in tights. I don't care if somebody thinks I'm a Nolan fanboy (that's really not the case) but his movies actually meant something. They were about something human. They were actually THAT good that they transcended this ridiculousness of other superhero films that I was tolerating so far, because of how great it CAN work sometimes.

And now, I found myself not caring about another Batman game or animated movie or Suicide Squad. If they announce a Ben Affleck-directed solo Batman film I'll also be indifferent. I guess not getting anything good with Batman for the last three years, basically since Origins, really leaves a mark, and this film was a nail in the coffin. And that's counting EVERYTHING Batman related in this time - the comics are pretty bad, Arkham Knight was godawful, the animated movies were mostly bad, mediocre at best... and now this, after they've been hyping this film for the last three years.

I never thought I'd say it but I'm tired of being a Batman fan. There are no rewards to it. I'm tired of discussing this. I know how Philadelphia 76ers fans feel now :P

Sorry to everyone who liked this film, I just needed to vent it.
Wah. :lol:

ChristNolan wrote:
A fitting rebuttal.
Praise the

ChristNolan wrote:
A fitting rebuttal.
Rebuttal? Lmao, you're not a participant on this forum, merely a depressed troll. The only time you actually participate in conversation here is when your god Nolan is in question. That's maybe 10%, I'm being generous. You haven't seen this movie (probably won't), you've never red a Batman comic in your life aside from those three runs that Nolan mentioned some ten years ago and your quasi-elitist approach is both sad and funny. Dig deeper, invest your time, read, watch, communicate, and maybe you'll be able to say anything worthwhile on this topic.

ChristNolan wrote:Lelek, it just means you're growing up and seeing the trees for the forest. You've come to realize most of this stuff is juvenile in its nature and targeted specifically for man-children and teenagers. Nolan's films being the huge outlier here seeing as he treated the material as actual films with weight and nuance to them and not as a video game or comic book. And even that didn't stop said audience from hopping onto the bandwagon. He comes from a vastly different world of independent filmmaking and literature than most of those in this genre like Snyder (who'd be better off in the video game realm).

Anytime someone can see the reality of it all is a good thing IMO.
Just to clarify and I'm off. I'm 30 years old, it's not about 'growing up", it's about shattered expectations. I had this point of view for a while now. I just hoped, that much like Nolan's trilogy, there will be something that will trascend this genre and naturally I hoped for Batman. With that hope gone, I guess it's finally time to let the reality sink in... although, I guess you could call all of that, growing up ;)

m4st4 wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:
A fitting rebuttal.
Rebuttal? Lmao, you're not a participant on this forum, merely a depressed troll. The only time you actually participate in conversation here is when your god Nolan is in question. That's maybe 10%, I'm being generous. You haven't seen this movie (probably won't), you've never red a Batman comic in your life aside from those three runs that Nolan mentioned some ten years ago and your quasi-elitist approach is both sad and funny. Dig deeper, invest your time, read, watch, communicate, and maybe you'll be able to say anything worthwhile on this topic.
Not venomous enough. Next time give it a bit more unf like those unwanted hateful PMs you used to send me.