Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Master Virgo wrote:I'd take Thor, First Avneger, Iron Man 3, Avengers and The Dark World scores as my favourite scores in Marvel Universe. The rest are barely interesting.£
What about Iron Man? Ramin dished out a cool score for sure.

Am I the only guy here who likes short movies? The extended Lord of the Rings makes sense due to its weight, and there is an intermission which is lacking for the theatricals which actually makes it much more tolerable, but things like Titanic are ridiculous. I mean learn how to edit, Jesus.

Allstar wrote:
That is a bold hairstyle decision.

Alright, here's my thoughts.
Loved Eisenberg and Affleck.

I didn't mind the dark and sad tone, but I think we could have done with a FEW more lighthearted moments. Being the Nolan boards I would reference how intense and emotional TDK, Inception, and Interstellar are, but they all have very well placed bits of humor.

The setup for JL is okay. I don't care either way. Could have done without it, but it was fine with it.

Would have liked to see Batman operating IN Gotham a little bit more, but I get it, it's a long movie.

Overall I thought it was very interesting, the action was pretty good, and I liked the new things they did with the characters while still holding to important elements of those characters.

And one more time: Eisenberg was awesome. His rant at the end, and the whole set-up that he crafted, was fantastic.
8/10

Anxious for a second viewing, if I can find the goddamned time.

Deborah for the win, girl knows how to wrap things up nicely.

Crazy Eight wrote:
RIFA wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:I'm in a film school and everybody fucking hates it.
No wonder lol
Yeah education tends to skew hatred toward bad movies.
Same education that made folks in film school hate Blade Runner and made those in art-school puke at the sight of Picasso.

Stop talking as if education is an absolute truth. If anything, it clouds creativity. Most of those that broke boundaries never lived by the guidelines given by their education.

I consider myself educated in the art of film but I won't let my education make the decisions for me. I rather keep a free mind. But maybe I'm just not on your level of education and I don't see all things quite clearly. After all, I gave BvS 8.3. Blasphemy.

RIFA wrote: Same education that made folks in film school hate Blade Runner and made those in art-school puke at the sight of Picasso.

Stop talking as if education is an absolute truth. If anything, it clouds creativity. Most of those that broke boundaries never lived by the guidelines given by their education.

I consider myself educated in the art of film but I won't let my education make the decisions for me. I rather keep a free mind. But maybe I'm just not on your level of education and I don't see all things quite clearly. After all, I gave BvS 8.3. Blasphemy.
I think you're reducing the term education to Classical narrative education, which is one of many areas that a half decent film education can and does cover. As with anything, an uncreative person is an uncreative person, regardless of their knowledge level. My point being that in general when mass amounts of educated film people despise a movie and have very specific and consistent reasons for doing so, it's a solid indication that by all known standards of film craft and storytelling that said movie is doing something very, very wrong. Standards and pathways can change, but Picasso and Blade Runner are HUGE exceptions to the rule, not indicators of a pattern.

RIFA wrote: Same education that made folks in film school hate Blade Runner and made those in art-school puke at the sight of Picasso.

y'know a film doesn't have to be 'good' per se for you to like it. craftsmanship is pretty far down on the list of reasons people are drawn to things

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote: y'know a film doesn't have to be 'good' per se for you to like it. craftsmanship is pretty far down on the list of reasons people are drawn to things
Was just about to say that, but in response to Crazy Eight's post.