Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
nolannolanchrischris wrote:'The Hateful Eight': Meeting the Challenge of a 70mm Roadshow Release
With these projectors now operational and available, there’s the potential they could be used for future films beyond Tarantino’s Roadshow. Sources say Warner Bros. is considering the possibility of having a 70mm release for Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, which was shot in part in 65mm Imax and opens in March. There’s also some murmurs suggesting that others are considering 70mm rereleases of classics that were originally made for the format, such as Lawrence of Arabia.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/behind ... e-a-849881
Hm not sure on that - talking about 5/70mm that is. 15/70mm IMAX would make more sense. I really hope they do some prints.

Interstellar was projected in 70mm in something like 10 screens in 2014. It's not impossible and it would actually be cool because IMAX cannot come without 3D for most blockbusters

I hope this is true. I only saw Interstellar in 70mm and it was glorious. I'm seeing Hateful Eight in 70mm as well. Also, I just know my IMAX theatre is going to fuck me over with IMAX 3D.

I don't care very much about the way the movie will be presented on theaters because the final product we will get is digital, either blu-ray or stream-download.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... e-20151218
While Paul Thomas Anderson and Christopher Nolan both struck 70mm prints for "The Master" and "Interstellar," respectively, the number of theaters presenting those films in the format was very small. However, thanks to Quentin Tarantino, The Weinstein Company, and the upcoming release of "The Hateful Eight," 100 locations in the United States are now equipped with projectors to handle 70mm film. It remains to be seen how much of a draw that is to audiences (the movie goes wide a week later digitally), but it seems other studios are keeping an eye to see how things play out.

THR reveals that Warner Bros. is mulling over releasing "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" in 70mm, as Zack Snyder shot parts of the movie in 65mm IMAX. The studio is also considering re-releasing catalog titles that were shot in the format, like David Lean's epic "Lawrence Of Arabia." Certainly for theaters, this could be a boon, as it will allow them to put a premium price on the ticket and to sell a new kind of cinematic experience. But again, it will be interesting to see how 70mm catches with audiences in the weeks ahead, and whether it's something that will resonate beyond being a unique selling point for "The Hateful Eight."

Thoughts? Do you want to see more 70mm film? Is it something you'd be willing to pay more for on a regular basis? Does 'Batman v Superman' need to be in 70mm? Weigh in below.

Mantis Toboggan wrote:http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... e-20151218
While Paul Thomas Anderson and Christopher Nolan both struck 70mm prints for "The Master" and "Interstellar," respectively, the number of theaters presenting those films in the format was very small. However, thanks to Quentin Tarantino, The Weinstein Company, and the upcoming release of "The Hateful Eight," 100 locations in the United States are now equipped with projectors to handle 70mm film. It remains to be seen how much of a draw that is to audiences (the movie goes wide a week later digitally), but it seems other studios are keeping an eye to see how things play out.

THR reveals that Warner Bros. is mulling over releasing "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" in 70mm, as Zack Snyder shot parts of the movie in 65mm IMAX. The studio is also considering re-releasing catalog titles that were shot in the format, like David Lean's epic "Lawrence Of Arabia." Certainly for theaters, this could be a boon, as it will allow them to put a premium price on the ticket and to sell a new kind of cinematic experience. But again, it will be interesting to see how 70mm catches with audiences in the weeks ahead, and whether it's something that will resonate beyond being a unique selling point for "The Hateful Eight."

Thoughts? Do you want to see more 70mm film? Is it something you'd be willing to pay more for on a regular basis? Does 'Batman v Superman' need to be in 70mm? Weigh in below.
Seeing Lawrence of Arabia in 70mm again would complete my life.

-Vader

Was BvS even shot in 70mm?

If they decide to re-release Lawrence of Arabia in 70mm it better not be a 'USA Exclusive'.