Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Well fuck me - IT WORKED! Downloading SD version through Flixster as we speak.

So basically - nab a UV code from eBay, redeem in Vudu, re-link or link your UltraViolet and Flixster accounts, and then go to Flixster!

When can we expect the rip?

Pratham wrote:When can we expect the rip?

Maybe later today if the pirates managed to do what I did?

So turns out by streaming it from the Flixster iPad app to Chromecast it will play in full HD.

Tonight. sorted. :D

LelekPL wrote:Sorry, you keep repeating yourself, and yet I still don't see any logic in your description or Batman's action other than poor writing and underdevelopment. We definitely don't know anything about this Batman because I cannot relate this murdering idiot to any other Batman I have seen in comics or films. This is not the Batman I've ever known so he requires some background. All this time you couldn't tell me why Batman deems Superman a threat, other than he has superpowers. "The reason for killing Superman was that he was simply too dangerous and like I said, if he'd ever turn evil millions of people would die" You keep saying that but my point is what makes Batman think Superman would turn evil. There's absolutely no indication of that in the film. Underdevelopment. Also, trying to kill him and in the process pissing him off feels counterproductive and again, stupid. Yes, he learned about his powers, how to kill him but didn't learn about his mother, learning how he is why does he do what he does, reaching out to him? That's some weak sauce investigation. Again, stupidity. And you keep mentioning UC like you've seen it (we're discussing the theatrical cut since neither one of us has seen UC and you don't know what's going to be explained or further developed).

I'm not in the mood of having a repetetive conversation though, especially about a movie I didn't even like. Unfortunately, it has my favorite comic book character in this but he was a dumb brute in it. I am pissed, I am disappointed, especially with Batman... but I can't loose any more time on this shit.

If you want to see a good, well-developed Batman, I recommend watching TDK trilogy again and then seeing what's the difference.
Ehh, I mean opinions and all of that. I like those movies as much as the next guy, but they were hardly good Batman movies (great movies on their own). Snyder got way closer to the source material than Nolan ever did. Sure thing if you did not like this interpretation of this Batman, but to hold killing against him and then suggest the Nolan movies where it is done right according to you? If anything Batfleck isn't a a hypocrite about the no killing policy unlike Bale Batman. More than that, he sees his own errors and redeems himself by the end of the movie. Nolan Batman killed in all three movies without it ever being paid attention too by the characters.

Minst wrote:Snyder got way closer to the source material than Nolan ever did.
How?

Minst wrote:Ehh, I mean opinions and all of that. I like those movies as much as the next guy, but they were hardly good Batman movies (great movies on their own). Snyder got way closer to the source material than Nolan ever did. Sure thing if you did not like this interpretation of this Batman, but to hold killing against him and then suggest the Nolan movies where it is done right according to you? If anything Batfleck isn't a a hypocrite about the no killing policy unlike Bale Batman. More than that, he sees his own errors and redeems himself by the end of the movie. Nolan Batman killed in all three movies without it ever being paid attention too by the characters.
You people really don't get this, do you? Every time Batbale killed it was something any righteous sane man would and should have done. There was nothing to pay attention to.£

Master Virgo wrote:
Minst wrote:Ehh, I mean opinions and all of that. I like those movies as much as the next guy, but they were hardly good Batman movies (great movies on their own). Snyder got way closer to the source material than Nolan ever did. Sure thing if you did not like this interpretation of this Batman, but to hold killing against him and then suggest the Nolan movies where it is done right according to you? If anything Batfleck isn't a a hypocrite about the no killing policy unlike Bale Batman. More than that, he sees his own errors and redeems himself by the end of the movie. Nolan Batman killed in all three movies without it ever being paid attention too by the characters.
You people really don't get this, do you? Every time Batbale killed it was something any righteous sane man would and should have done. There was nothing to pay attention to.£
Jep.

''I can't kill this farmer.''
*blows up entire compound, killing dozens of LoS members and ironically probably the farmer as well*

Such a righteous sane man.

''I put you into this situation that will certainly kill you, even though I am at the beginning of my Batman career and could save you and have you locked up, I'd rather have you dead. But I did not kill you though, I really did not!''

Minst wrote:
LelekPL wrote:Sorry, you keep repeating yourself, and yet I still don't see any logic in your description or Batman's action other than poor writing and underdevelopment. We definitely don't know anything about this Batman because I cannot relate this murdering idiot to any other Batman I have seen in comics or films. This is not the Batman I've ever known so he requires some background. All this time you couldn't tell me why Batman deems Superman a threat, other than he has superpowers. "The reason for killing Superman was that he was simply too dangerous and like I said, if he'd ever turn evil millions of people would die" You keep saying that but my point is what makes Batman think Superman would turn evil. There's absolutely no indication of that in the film. Underdevelopment. Also, trying to kill him and in the process pissing him off feels counterproductive and again, stupid. Yes, he learned about his powers, how to kill him but didn't learn about his mother, learning how he is why does he do what he does, reaching out to him? That's some weak sauce investigation. Again, stupidity. And you keep mentioning UC like you've seen it (we're discussing the theatrical cut since neither one of us has seen UC and you don't know what's going to be explained or further developed).

I'm not in the mood of having a repetetive conversation though, especially about a movie I didn't even like. Unfortunately, it has my favorite comic book character in this but he was a dumb brute in it. I am pissed, I am disappointed, especially with Batman... but I can't loose any more time on this shit.

If you want to see a good, well-developed Batman, I recommend watching TDK trilogy again and then seeing what's the difference.
Ehh, I mean opinions and all of that. I like those movies as much as the next guy, but they were hardly good Batman movies (great movies on their own). Snyder got way closer to the source material than Nolan ever did. Sure thing if you did not like this interpretation of this Batman, but to hold killing against him and then suggest the Nolan movies where it is done right according to you? If anything Batfleck isn't a a hypocrite about the no killing policy unlike Bale Batman. More than that, he sees his own errors and redeems himself by the end of the movie. Nolan Batman killed in all three movies without it ever being paid attention too by the characters.
Do you read comics? Nolan got closer to the spirit than Snyder ever could. Bale was way more selfless, smarter and had more heart. Bale's Batman never murdered. He wasn't selfish and lazy like Affleck's. Ben's version goes against the core of the character that has been established for 70 plus years, even if the odd shitty writer made the mistake of having Batman kill sadistically. For 70 plus years it has been the essence of who he is, to basically not be The Punisher in a batsuit. That's what separates him. Nolan understood that. Snyder doesn't. And doesn't even understand what happened in his favorite graphic novel of all time.

The trilogy are great Batman movies. Not just great movies. Watch the character dynamic between Joker and Batman. Harvey and Bruce. What Batman stands for as a dark hero, not just a violent creeper. Watch the Prewitt Building scene, that's the most Batman thing on film yet. How he takes down the swat, clowns, all without killing anyone. Great strategy and timing. I personally find Rises to be truer to Millers vision than BvS. A cool suit and a grumpy Bruce who fights Superman doesn't mean it's closer to Returns. The character is completely off. About as intelligent as Clooneys version, maybe less. In fact Millers version was just an else worlds tale. Nolans Batman was more true to the source material than Frank Millers novel was back in 86.

The league of shadows had time to get out and Bruce knew that. He was also in his 20s and not fully Batman. He saves Ras. With the train, Ras put himself in that situation. It's a suicide mission. Its basically saying "I saved you once, you're not going to stop. You want to die? Go ahead but you're not going to take anyone with you." It's not 100 percent Batman of the comics but it's still the closest thing to the source material on film.

Christ, here we go again...