Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
#Deep
#TooDeepForMe

Right before the Martha bit, Batman drags Superman and says "I bet your parents taught you you were put here for a reason."

So Bruce assumed he had parents that gave Clark a positive message. Then he's so shocked to learn that he has a parent? Sorry, he's only shocked because of the name. Which is a joke,

You care about someone, and they have the same name as my mother, soooo now there's zero chance that you'll be a danger to the world. Lmao that's not how shit works in life. Especially with people who do evil things. Speaking of evil things, the bat murder plan is the most idiotic thing Batman has ever done. This character is a billion dollar Rorschach. But dumber. There's a 1 percent chance he'll do wrong so I'm gonna stab his face! Fuck outta here!!

And this is why the scene doesn't work if it was Sally or Ellen Kent. Snyder banked on 70 year old coincidence, at least in theatrical cut.

What I didn't like about that scene and I think other Batman fans also didn't like is that anything about Bruce's parents shouldn't be exaggerated so much. Usually anything about their death is kept beneath the surface apart from quiet moments. That's why the ''my parents are dead!'' jokes are funny, because it's satire.

What a mess. :thumbdown:

Watching a few interviews with Snyder. The guy looks exhausted.

atilasantos wrote:Watching a few interviews with Snyder. The guy looks exhausted.
His smile and optimism: gone.

Zack Snyder wants to adapt The Fountainhead
In his downtime, Snyder has apparently been working on a new movie version of The Fountainhead, Ayn Rand’s heartwarming ode to how some people are simply better than others. Snyder says that the book is “a thesis on the creative process and what it is to create something,” which is a concept that must really resonate with him as a guy who almost exclusively makes comic book adaptations.
http://www.avclub.com/article/zack-snyd ... tiv-233954

I've been told the book is about a persistent architect pushing his avant-garde designs despite their unpopularity. This is a pretty hilarious way of trying to deal with getting panned by fans and critics.

A few fun facts:

1. BvS wasn't panned by fans.
2. You can still be creative if you're adapting from another source lol.
3. 4/7 films Snyder has made so far are comic book adaptations which hardly qualifies as "almost exclusively".

£

Master Virgo wrote:A few fun facts:

1. BvS wasn't panned by fans.
2. You can still be creative if you're adapting from another source lol.
3. 4/7 films Snyder has made so far are comic book adaptations which hardly qualifies as "almost exclusively".

£
1. lol come on, what does 850 million tell you about a film featuring the two most well known comic book characters fighting each other in the age of blockbusters? How much did that awful Jurassic park movie make? Double.
2. The point of my post is pretty clear in the two sentences I wrote.
3. I don't care about that part of the article. 4/7 is enough to make his general point tho.