Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I signed that at 1500, 15 minutes ago, it's 2k now. Hm. Was there a situation similar to this one before and the studio actually released a longer cut in a limited fashion? Can't remember.

My go to DCs are: Blade Runner - The Final Cut, Watchmen: Director's Cut and of course Kingdom of Heaven: Director's Cut, which bumped the movie from a mediocre one to absolute 5 star masterpiece in my book, the best of Ridley's historical epics, Eva Green was right to be properly pissed about studio decision.

I don't see The Ultimate Cut winning over those in the red, but surely people who were mixed/mixed to positive about theatrical cut but had issues with the editing might see the light once they re-insert those scenes back.

Edit: Double post due to shitty connection... ugh what is going on servers.

I signed that at 1500, 15 minutes ago, it's 2k now. Hm. Was there a situation similar to this one before where studio actually released the longer cut in a limited fashion? Can't remember.

My go to DCs are: Blade Runner - The Final Cut, Watchmen: Director's Cut and of course Kingdom of Heaven: Director's Cut, which bumped the movie from a mediocre one to absolute 5 star masterpiece in my book, the best of Ridley's historical epics, Eva Green was right to be properly pissed about studio decision.

I don't see The Ultimate Cut winning over those in the red, but surely people who were mixed/mixed to positive about theatrical cut, had issues with the editing might see the light once they re-insert those scenes back.

The way I see it, if we take Watchmen DC to be TDK, if BvS UC becomes the Interstellar to that, I'll be incredibly happy. There are obviously "issues" (I put that in commas because quite frankly I'm totally on board with these choices) when it comes to tone, characterisation choices, the so called 'lack of fun'....and all the multiple things this film attempts to do which a 3 hour version would help justify and feel natural - they won't be going away.

Eh, lack of fun when you have Fisburne delivering goodies all the time and Eisenberg/Irons, each in their own way. I laughed even at that police noob after he pissed his pants seeing Bats for the first time. 'Fun' is a point of view, even TDK has fun moments and it's considered to be one of the darkest sh movies.

Watched it for the second time last night, and fuck, it does grow on you! Even Jesse does! Cranston's portrayal of a rich-spoiled prick wouldn't have the same effect as his, especially after the revelation of that Capitol scene.

You can hate or love this movie all you want, but there are some aspects of this movie which were pretty bold and different from the tiresome shit this genre has been depreciating the living shit out of. And that kinda makes you wish this genre won't die like you previously hoped it would. So, Master Virgo, kindly change my score to a 8.5, please?

Also, I read somewhere that
Bats cutting Superman with a spear is a direct reference to the Spear of Longinus, aka the Holy Lance, aka the Spear of Destiny. Longinus was originally blind, healed after the blood of God fell upon his eyes, he sees light for the first time and finally believed.
Pretty cool shit. :thumbup:

atilasantos wrote:Iron Man 3 score :sick: :sick:
Whaaa... I thought it was much better than what is usually bundled with Marvel Movies.

JayCificity wrote:Also, I read somewhere that
Bats cutting Superman with a spear is a direct reference to the Spear of Longinus, aka the Holy Lance, aka the Spear of Destiny. Longinus was originally blind, healed after the blood of God fell upon his eyes, he sees light for the first time and finally believed.
Pretty cool shit. :thumbup:
Frankly I'm surprised Bats didn't nail him to a kryptonite crucifix, just so that we'd be sure.

Pratham wrote:
atilasantos wrote:Iron Man 3 score :sick: :sick:
Whaaa... I thought it was much better than what is usually bundled with Marvel Movies.
Even though I wasn't the biggest fan of the film, I still dug the soundtrack. The jazz influence helped it stand out.

Yeah, I hated Iron Man 3, but the score was great. Probably my favorite MCU score so far

I'd take Thor, First Avneger, Iron Man 3, Avengers and The Dark World scores as my favourite scores in Marvel Universe. The rest are barely interesting.£