Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) DEUX YOU BLEED?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Fight Night keeps sounding better and better on every listen.

Very energetic like 'Brothers in Arms' from Mad Max.

So... Today there was some kind of premiere, right? :batman:

track 5 is crazy, if im right it sounds like
the dream sequence?
and I really mean crazy, sound design in that track is off the charts

Listening to this soundtrack, I premonition the great headache after my IMAX viewing.

Lord Shade wrote:Listening to this soundtrack, I premonition the great headache after my IMAX viewing.
Add 3D and it's a given. Batman's audio introduction is crazy experimental, heavy, horrific at times. I'm glad Junkie XL decided to dig deep down Bruce's cortex.

Is it in FLAC or MP3?

Edit: Nvm, in MP3 :-/
Last edited by Pratham on March 12th, 2016, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
antovolk wrote:First io9 now FastCo contributing big editorials to the "this movie will be complete shit" narrative:
http://www.fastcocreate.com/3057638/its ... man-issues
The point about using TDKR as a bizarre prism through which to launch the Justice League is kinda spot on though.

I doubt Snyder genuinely understands the stuff he purports to love - Watchmen is an indicator.
The problem is DC is trying to kill 4 birds with 1 stone. I imagine most of the production meetings went like a bunch of kids building a huge Lego tower, continually adding shit to it and being childishly satisfied with the result.

"This is a direct sequel to Man of Steel, while it actually should have been just a stand-alone Supes flick. Hey Batman's cool right? And Nolan's films aren't connected with this universe? Alright, let's throw Batman in there, and get Ben Affleck, he's popular. Actually, we have Bats and Supes in the same movie, let's just make an adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns. Wait, we need to compete with Marvel ... hmmm ... put Wonder Woman in too. Get the guy from The Social Network to play Lex Luthor, he's nerdy. Shit, this doesn't have enough mindless CGI action ... you know what? Go ahead and put Doomsday in. Oh and call the guy from Game of Thrones, we'll get him to play ... someone. Fuck it, we'll just call this "Dawn of Justice" and fast track it to the team-up movie."

"Alright, how does it look so far?"
"Perfect."

Cilogy wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:
antovolk wrote:First io9 now FastCo contributing big editorials to the "this movie will be complete shit" narrative:
http://www.fastcocreate.com/3057638/its ... man-issues
The point about using TDKR as a bizarre prism through which to launch the Justice League is kinda spot on though.

I doubt Snyder genuinely understands the stuff he purports to love - Watchmen is an indicator.
The problem is DC is trying to kill 4 birds with 1 stone. I imagine most of the production meetings went like a bunch of kids building a huge Lego tower, continually adding shit to it and being childishly satisfied with the result.

"This is a direct sequel to Man of Steel, while it actually should have been just a stand-alone Supes flick. Hey Batman's cool right? And Nolan's films aren't connected with this universe? Alright, let's throw Batman in there, and get Ben Affleck, he's popular. Actually, we have Bats and Supes in the same movie, let's just make an adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns. Wait, we need to compete with Marvel ... hmmm ... put Wonder Woman in too. Get the guy from The Social Network to play Lex Luthor, he's nerdy. Shit, this doesn't have enough mindless CGI action ... you know what? Go ahead and put Doomsday in. Oh and call the guy from Game of Thrones, we'll get him to play ... someone. Fuck it, we'll just call this "Dawn of Justice" and fast track it to the team-up movie."

"Alright, how does it look so far?"
"Perfect."
antovolk wrote:Another great Terrio interview (a follow-up to the WSJ post yesterday)

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016/03/ ... ce-league/
What’s your background in comic books, if any, and what were your inspirations for this movie?

The first movie I ever saw was “Superman 2.” I almost drowned in a pool at age four playing Aquaman.

I went away from comics for most of my life. But I stayed on top of super-hero movies. The ones that intrigued me the most were the [Christopher] Nolan’s films. They were ways of asking interesting questions in a genre form. We stand on the shoulders of those films in a way. Nolan helped establish a space in which super-hero movies can be taken more seriously. We thought a lot about those films, to a point where I had to stop watching “The Dark Knight” because I found I was rewriting it.

It’s impossible to know everything in the DC universe, but I threw myself into it and tried to learn as much as possible and I found such intelligence in so many of the comics. Obviously Frank Miller is a well-known and respected writer who influences this film very directly. Also writers like Grant Morrison, who asks difficult philosophical questions in an extremely smart way. I tried to take in as much as I could while also keeping a little bit of an outsider’s eye.

How did you think about the roots of a Batman-Superman conflict?

It’s almost archetypal. In Batman’s origin [the murder of his parents], the primary thing I was thinking about is the fact he falls. It’s the primary metaphor for Western literature: There was a moment before and then everything fell. That brings up questions of Superman.

I began to think Batman and Superman occupy different parts of the mythic imagination. In superhero stories, Batman is Pluto, god of the underworld, and Superman is Apollo, god of the sky. That began to be really interesting to me — that their conflict is not just due to manipulation, but their very existence. In the end, there’s a common humanity which I think is discovered at a certain moment in the film.

Was there any question in your mind you’d write “Justice League” as well?

I initially thought I wasn’t the guy to do “Justice League” and went off to work on something else. But the first day I went to the set, I saw Jesse [Eisenberg] in a scene with Holly Hunter and I really did feel like I was watching some strange, great performance in an independent film.

At that moment, I thought, “I’m not done with this yet. I want to go back and keep telling the story.” “Batman v Superman” is a bit of an “Empire Strikes Back” or “Two Towers” or any similar middle film in a trilogy. The middle film tends to be the darkest one. I do think from “Man of Steel” through “Justice League,” it is one saga really.

I expect “Justice League” will be tonally not quite as dark as “Batman v Superman.” From that point of view, I felt compelled to go back and try to lift us and myself into a different tonal place because I think when you write a darker film, sometimes you want to redeem it all a bit.

There are many more DC movies to come, including a second “Justice League.” Will you be writing more?

I have written “Justice League Part One,” but I won’t necessarily write “Part Two.” This has been the most rigorous intellectual exercise I’ve had in my writing life. For “Batman v Superman,” I wanted to really dig into everything from ideas about American power to the structure of revenge tragedies to the huge canon of DC Comics to Amazon mythology. For “Justice League,” I could be reading in the same day about red- and blueshifts in physics, Diodorus of Sicily and his account of the war between Amazons and Atlanteans, or deep-sea biology and what kind of life plausibly might be in the Mariana Trench.

If you told me the most rigorous dramaturgical and intellectual product of my life would be superhero movies, I would say you were crazy. But I do think fans deserve that. I felt I owed the fan base all of my body and soul for two years because anything less wouldn’t have been appreciating the opportunity I had.
Lego rules in right hands.