Controversial opinions about Television Shows

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
SomeFrenchToast wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:OK here's one. The Walking Dead's best season so far has been S3. The show was magnificent when Morrissey was still around and Rick was pretty much a very likable fella.£
I think S3 is the worst one, or the least good let's say, but that's just me
S3 suffers from Andrea, but overall, it's pretty damn good.
I don't really like the prison setting, but once again, that's just me. I don't know what I would consider the best season so far

I totally lost interest in The Walking Dead midway through Season 2. It seems like a show people have Stockholm Syndrome with, they'll continue watching it, try to convince themselves that it's good but they're not really enjoying it. I've heard from quite a few people that they've been so annoyed by the show for large stretches yet continue to subject themselves to it.

eobversion1 wrote:I totally lost interest in The Walking Dead midway through Season 2. It seems like a show people have Stockholm Syndrome with, they'll continue watching it, try to convince themselves that it's good but they're not really enjoying it. I've heard from quite a few people that they've been so annoyed by the show for large stretches yet continue to subject themselves to it.
No, it just seems like you don't like it and can't accept that other people do

Hm... let's see...

-I mostly enjoyed watching TWD then stopped abruptly mid-season 4 and cannot imagine going back for a while, not sure why; the cracks are showing up? That's the problem with binge watching, often you can start predicting the patterns after a while
-Game of Thrones is highly overrated and I wish WoW was out by now... it's inconsistent, fan service-y and diminishes GRRM's hard work
-Homeland is really good, people stopped caring when Brody left the show but it got even better after that, season 5 is rising again
-Penny Dreadful is highly underrated, seriously, people need to get on that asap (season 3 is filming), it's one of the best modern shows with some of the best work (if not the best) from Eva Green

American Horror Story is a vile piece of crap, and I think Colin Farrell is probably better than Matthew McConaughey in True Detective.

BlairCo wrote:American Horror Story is a vile piece of crap.
Hm, depends on the season. At first it hooks you, but then comes a harsh realization, yes. I liked season 1 until the very last episode and season 2 was grotesque, weird, overly gory but mostly fun... I say mostly cause - Jessica Lange. She was always the brightest point of that anthology series.

And then there's Scream Queens, which has been stellar so far.

One true 90s Craven successor: smart, wicked funny, bloody good.

I watched the first episode of Season 1, and I could not care for any of the characters one bit. The grandmother calling her grandchild a mongoloid, the teaching of how to properly cut yourself... I was absolutely appalled and shocked by what I saw, I wasn't interested in watching any more of it.

SomeFrenchToast wrote:
eobversion1 wrote:I totally lost interest in The Walking Dead midway through Season 2. It seems like a show people have Stockholm Syndrome with, they'll continue watching it, try to convince themselves that it's good but they're not really enjoying it. I've heard from quite a few people that they've been so annoyed by the show for large stretches yet continue to subject themselves to it.
No need to be so defensive. If other people like it that's fine, absolutely nothing against it. That's just the general vibe I get when I talk to people who watch it. I just don't like the idea of watching a show getting a couple seasons in and realising that it's declined in quality and that the only reason you continue to watch it is because you've committed so much time. Especially when there's other things their time might be better spent doing.

eobversion1 wrote:
SomeFrenchToast wrote:
No need to be so defensive. If other people like it that's fine, absolutely nothing against it. That's just the general vibe I get when I talk to people who watch it. I just don't like the idea of watching a show getting a couple seasons in and realising that it's declined in quality and that the only reason you continue to watch it is because you've committed so much time. Especially when there's other things their time might be better spent doing.
I 100% agree with you. Stockholme syndrome is a good way of describing it, i feel like i am only watching it because i started from the beginning. It is so shit most of the time, yet there is occasionally an episode or a scene when it is good and keeps my interest in the series for a little while longer.

Most "good" shows are actually mediocre. Great ones are good. Exceptional , there's maybe two or three.