Mary Poppins Returns (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Went and saw this. Not bad

Blunt lookin like a thicc snack in this one tbh

it's cute and fun and the cast is great but it suffers from really trying to have it both ways as a remake and a sequel. Just ends up making it feel stale. If you're considering watching this, probably don't see the original the day beforehand :P

But fuuuuuck Dolby Cinema is amazing and I'd go back in an instant...if tickets for good seats weren't $40-50 :sick:

I have the AMC pass so my ticket was free. And since it's a morning show, my sister's ticket was only $10.

lol I was actually thinking about watching the original beforehand, it's been ages since I last saw it.

@Nomis: please watch the original before settling for this

oh, I thought Antovolk said it's better not to watch the original again before this since it's more of a remake than a sequel or something

I'm not a fan of the original, though it was groundbreaking at the time. I think the "groundbreaking" part is what made it more popular than it deserved. I saw Returns tonight and enjoyed it way more than the original. Loved all the performances. An eeeeevil Colin Firth was unexpected. :lol:

Nomis wrote:
December 25th, 2018, 7:50 pm
oh, I thought Antovolk said it's better not to watch the original again before this since it's more of a remake than a sequel or something
Yeah but itd be more beneficial to see a great and revolutionary classic film than the cash-in remake/sequel.

In what world do you give the Mary Poppins series an "evil" villain? Give me a break.

antovolk wrote:
December 25th, 2018, 10:56 am
it's cute and fun and the cast is great but it suffers from really trying to have it both ways as a remake and a sequel. Just ends up making it feel stale. If you're considering watching this, probably don't see the original the day beforehand :P

But fuuuuuck Dolby Cinema is amazing and I'd go back in an instant...if tickets for good seats weren't $40-50 :sick:
Do ticket prices vary by how good the seats are in the UK?

if so that's fucked

-Vader

Bacon wrote:
December 26th, 2018, 12:12 am
Nomis wrote:
December 25th, 2018, 7:50 pm
Yeah but itd be more beneficial to see a great and revolutionary classic film than the cash-in remake/sequel.

In what world do you give the Mary Poppins series an "evil" villain? Give me a break.
Have you even seen this movie? If you watch it, the "evil" villain makes sense and is somewhat of a throwback to the original.