Split (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:Watching Unbreakable tonight. :twothumbsup:
Well...

DoubleD wrote:
Bacon wrote:Watching Unbreakable tonight. :twothumbsup:
Well...
I posted in the Last Film thread but everyone was too busy talking about TDKR to start a conversation.

Forum Pro

It's getting a lot of good reactions. Some have said it's his best since Unbreakable and his best twist ever.

Night rises.

Any guesses on what the ludicrous twist will be?

Genre fans should embrace what is arguably the director's most satisfying picture since The Sixth Sense. In some quarters, it will generate talk of a comeback for a filmmaker who has suffered both critical drubbing and box office humiliation over the past decade.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review ... ce=twitter
The Visit was a fun, kooky and simple little horror flick that reminded audiences that M. Night Shyamalan still has the capacity to surprise and entertain us — but more than anything, it inspired optimism with the promise of more good things to come. Shyamalan has fully delivered on that promise with Split, an incredibly thoughtful and thought-provoking thriller. Although occasionally heavy-handed, Shyamalan’s latest is his most considerate and effective film in years, with a startling emotional core.
http://screencrush.com/split-review-m-n ... ck=tsmclip

With The Visit and probably this one, at least he's making decent movies again and not unwatchable nonsense like The Last Airbender and After Earth.

Forum Pro
Not watching but here you go:

Shyamalan rises, slowly but surely
I hope so.

Forgot about this. More goodness for 2017 yo.

McAvoy looks spectacular in this. Outside of The Last Airbender (ugh!), I haven't seen any of Shyamalan's movies, but I will have to change that soon.