Split (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
the_red_ninja wrote:I like The Happening yo. It speaks to me.

I can tell 2017 will be great. I just saw one of the first films to be released in January and it's a good Shyamalan movie
Shyamalan and January? Isn't that a recipe for disaster?
You'll be surprised.

Smart and thoroughly thrilling with amazing performances from Taylor-Joy and McAvoy, Split is M. Night Shyamalan’s redefined welcomed return to the thriller genre that dignifies his place as the talented writer and director that we missed since Signs.
https://rendyreviews.com/movies//split-review

Don't worry it's spoiler free ;)

Really looking forward to this. Perhaps I should finally see The Visit.

m4st4 wrote:Really looking forward to this. Perhaps I should finally see The Visit.
The Visit is kind of fun but also extremely stupid. Semi return to form for Night. Hopefully this is a full on return to form.

m4st4 wrote:Really looking forward to this. Perhaps I should finally see The Visit.
You don't miss much if you wouldn't. It's comprised of a relatively interesting build up to a very lame ending. I don't dislike it but it's not much of a return to form. A film like Lady in the Water at least had quite a bit of Shyamalan's weird stuff amidst all its shortcomings. This is just doing it as a small budget safe horror film that brings back money. I'd give The Visit a better admiration score but in terms of personal interest it's way lower for me.£

Had the ending spoiled for me. Dammit.

Forum Pro
Law
So this was okay. Not scary, no jump scares, no big twist. However Anya Taylor-Joy and Jimmy Mc are worth seeing it for.

Oh and that last 10 seconds..

EDIT:

Sooooo thinking about it, the last 10 seconds is the twist.. holy fuck

Thought it was a big step in the right direction. McCavoy is fantastic. The ending reveal is pleasing to any m night fan. Wouldn't refer to it as a big twist though.

Holy shit !!!!!