Split (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
https://deadline.com/2015/08/joaquin-ph ... 201505677/
Joaquin Phoenix is in negotiations to reunite with M. Night Shyamalan for a new feature project that will start shooting in November in the director’s hometown of Philadelphia. The project will also bring Shyamalan back together with Jason Blum, who will produce. The two worked together most recently on upcoming Universal release The Visit. Marc Bienstock also produces, while Ashwin Rajan and Steven Schneider are on board as exec producers.

As with most Shyamalan projects, the logline is being kept fiercely under wraps. Deadline understands that the new project will be on the lower end of the budgetary scale, more in keeping with The Visit (budgeted at $5 million and fully financed by Shyamalan) than, say, the likes of The Last Airbender ($150 million).

lmao!

Joaquin Phoenix turns down Batman v Superman, Doctor Strange and Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but wants to work with this guy. Please don't be true. He should take a few years off and return, when Nolan comes calling him for his Howard Hughes film. That I like to see.

But Signs was good.

shauner111 wrote:But Signs was good.
I agree, but what does that have to do with anything?

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
Well, it's probably the reason why he wants to work with him again. He either enjoyed his time on set, loved the movie he was making, or both. Or he wouldn't go back to M. Night. Even though we all know his films have been shit for years. Im sure Joaquin is doing this because of his past experience on Signs. He's known to turn down anything with a shit director or some commercial thing.

shauner111 wrote:
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
Well, it's probably the reason why he wants to work with him again. He either enjoyed his time on set, loved the movie he was making, or both. Or he wouldn't go back to M. Night. Even though we all know his films have been shit for years. Im sure Joaquin is doing this because of his past experience on Signs. He's known to turn down anything with a shit director or some commercial thing.
They also did The Village together.

And, as you correctly pointed out, The Shamhammer hasn't made a good film in over a decade.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
shauner111 wrote:
CoolwhipSpecial wrote: I agree, but what does that have to do with anything?
They also did The Village together.
Just because the film was shit doesn't mean Phoenix didn't enjoying working with M. Night. And I'm sure he's read a script, so he must have liked what he saw.

The Village is pretty great tbh.

I can't believe that there are people out there, who thinks Signs is a great film. It has one of the dumbest plot in recent memory and some of the most ridiculous aliens ever to be depicted on film. However, I have to confess that I haven't seen The Village, nor am I going to, but I am just going to take a wild guess here and say it involves a plot twist ending.