The Witch (2016) - GOAT experience

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

I need this but still nowhere near my local distributor. :(

The Witch has officially been named an 'Satanic Experience'.

That's a great piece of advertisement right there.

Horror has been steadily improving these past several years. Last decade it seems like it went to shit entirely, so far half way through this one and we've had a several acclaimed modern horror films

This is hilarious:

In the year since Robert Eggers' "The Witch" became the Sundance sensation of 2015, various press outlets (Indiewire included) have been over the moon in declaring the movie a terrifying new horror classic. Words like that can certainly set a high bar, but if you happen to think the movie won't deliver on its promise of terror, perhaps this news will seal the deal.

The Satanic Temple has just given the movie an official sanction, declaring it as a "transformative Satanic experience." In celebration, the group will be launching premiere screenings of "The Witch" beginning in New York City on February 10 that will include interactive performances and ritualized pronouncements of a "new Satanic era." Screenings will follow in Los Angeles (February 12), Austin (February 16) and Detroit (to be determined).

In an official statement made by The Satanic Temple, the group says it "is confident [the film] will signal the call-to-arms for a Satanic uprising against the tyrannical vestiges of bigoted superstitions, and will harken a new era of liberation and unfettered inquiry."

Added The Satanic Temple's National Spokesperson Jex Blackmore, "We are empowered by the narrative of 'The Witch': a story of pathological pride, old-world religious paradigms, and an outsider who grabs persecution by the horns." She goes on to praise the film's plot, which "departs from the victim" narrative of witchcraft and stands as a "declaration of feminine independence."

Lol

This film needs MOAR GOATS!!

Eggers on 'remaking Nosferatu':
“Well, it’s actually not what I’m doing next. I think it seems very disgusting and presumptuous and megalomaniacal and offensive for someone in my position to say they want to do Nosferatu next, so I think that’s why it hit the trades in a big way. I still might do it, but not next. It’s a masterpiece and it really doesn’t objectively need to be done, but I’ve been obsessed with that film since I was a little kid. But, you know, Peter Jackson was obsessed with King Kong and we saw how that turned out. [Laughs]”
“When I was 17 I would have wanted to have done that. I don’t mean to be saying, ‘It’s an immature idea’ or something, but I think that I love silent film and I think in The Witch you can see that in some places, in the places where there’s no diegetic sound and it’s just music and image, and I get the power of that but I think that if you want to watch a silent film of Nosferatu, [F.W.] Murnau already made a great one.”
Moar:

http://collider.com/the-witch-robert-eg ... interview/

m4st4 wrote:Eggers on 'remaking Nosferatu':
“Well, it’s actually not what I’m doing next. I think it seems very disgusting and presumptuous and megalomaniacal and offensive for someone in my position to say they want to do Nosferatu next, so I think that’s why it hit the trades in a big way. I still might do it, but not next. It’s a masterpiece and it really doesn’t objectively need to be done, but I’ve been obsessed with that film since I was a little kid. But, you know, Peter Jackson was obsessed with King Kong and we saw how that turned out. [Laughs]”
:roll: What an idiot.£