The Witch (2016) - GOAT experience

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I think I'm gonna pass out when watching this. I can't handle horrors. Even It Follows was a brutal experience

prowlercomesaround wrote:I think I'm gonna pass out when watching this. I can't handle horrors. Even It Follows was a brutal experience
Are you me?

I can't wait to watch this one. There aren't a lot of horror movies set in the 16th-18th century and somehow the mythological aspects always seem more believable to me when the time setting is not the modern day, which is partly why I enjoy fims like Sleepy Hollow and Bram Stoker's Dracula.

I really wanna see this but I'm a fucking scaredy-cat.

Cilogy wrote:I really wanna see this but I'm a fucking scaredy-cat.
First time you mentioned it or? Interesting. Hm, maybe try it for the kicks?

Best horror film in years. Adored it, and > It Follows/Babadook.The Conjuring.

Full disclosure, I hated Babadook.

-Vader

fuck it I'll just go today

fuck

I'm gonna regret this shit

Cilogy wrote:fuck it I'll just go today

fuck

I'm gonna regret this shit
It's not really a 'traditional' horror film, it's a real slow burn and zero jump scares for example. It Follows is way more accessible. My theater hated it.

Looking forward to your thoughts Cil.

-Vader

okay thanks, that puts me at ease a bit

A slow burn and zero jump scares is EXACTLY what im after. Im done with watching horror movies from now on unless i hear that a director is making a horror film like the old days. Ill watch Conjuring 2 because i enjoyed the first one, but The Witch seems to be right up my alley. Screw the rest.

Whatever happened to a slow, disturbing, psychological, atmospheric horror movie!? The world lacks that right now, so i hope The Witch fills that void.
prowlercomesaround wrote:I think I'm gonna pass out when watching this. I can't handle horrors. Even It Follows was a brutal experience
I found It Follows hilarious, in a bad way. Only one scene was a little creepy. The concept is creepy at first and sounds original but then they fuck it up in the movie. It was a joke to me in my second viewing.

Im sure The Witch will destroy it. It Follows even has the cheapest jump scares that you can imagine. Im tired of that shit.