Mortal Kombat (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The article says he's producing not directing

thrice wrote:The article says he's producing not directing
Lol nobody even bothered to read the first line:
Furious 7 director James Wan is stepping in to produce the MORTAL KOMBAT reboot currently underway at New Line and Broken Road.
But then again SH bolded it before the link.

Why waste millions of dollars to reboot a fighting game franchise when there's already a better reboot up on Youtube (for example: MK Legacy)....? :facepalm:

Dragon_316ca wrote:Why waste millions of dollars to reboot a fighting game franchise when there's already a better reboot up on Youtube (for example: MK Legacy)....? :facepalm:
That's exactly the point, apparently Oren Uziel, writer of Legacy, is on board.

But again, if they're not going the fully fantastical route I'm not interested.

This is Mortal Kombat, it's practically Masters of the Universe meets Big Trouble in Little China; grounding it in reality makes no sense.

Forum Pro
Law
thrice wrote:The article says he's producing not directing
Thanks SilverHeart for putting "James Wan Directing .. "

It said 'directing' when I posted it.

m4st4 wrote: But now I want Eva Green for Mileena. :twisted:
I'd prefer Gina Carano.

But the one that I'm most curious about is Johnny Cage. No idea who could play him in this day and age.

darthnazgul wrote:
m4st4 wrote: But now I want Eva Green for Mileena. :twisted:
I'd prefer Gina Carano.

But the one that I'm most curious about is Johnny Cage. No idea who could play him in this day and age.
Carano is lifeless... in my book.

Nicholas Cage for Johnny Cage? 8-)

Dragon_316ca wrote:Why waste millions of dollars to reboot a fighting game franchise when there's already a better reboot up on Youtube (for example: MK Legacy)....? :facepalm:
i didn't care for it. Cool fighting but everything was too realistic. I still want the fantastical elements in there. This is definitely a reboot that I can get excited for.

shauner111 wrote:
i didn't care for it. Cool fighting but everything was too realistic. I still want the fantastical elements in there. This is definitely a reboot that I can get excited for.
...writer of Legacy is behind this.