Mortal Kombat (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ace
'Mortal Kombat' Movie Finds Its Sub-Zero (Exclusive)
New Line's Mortal Kombat movie has found its Sub-Zero.

Actor and martial artist Joe Taslim will be playing the the superpowered fighter in the live-action adaptation of the video game.

James Wan and his Atomic Monster banner are producing the movie that will be the feature debut of veteran commercial director Simon McQuoid. Todd Garner will also produce, with Larry Kasanoff, E. Bennett Walsh, Michael Clear and Sean Robins executive producing.

Taslim's is the first deal to close for Mortal Kombat, which is set to shoot in southern Australia later this year.

An alum of Indonesia's national Judo team, Taslim made his acting debut in cult action film The Raid. His other feature credits include Fast & Furious 6, Star Trek Beyond and recent Netflix feature The Night Comes for Us.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ie-1222984

I... do not dislike this :D

Finish him!

lol in

Looks entertaining man. Probably won't be great, but it hits the right nostalgia feels for me. :thumbup:

DHOPW42 wrote:
February 18th, 2021, 12:39 pm

I... do not dislike this :D
Visually it looks really poor but at least they got the kills fairly right (I'm not a fan of CG blood) and one scene even had some creativity with Sub-Zero making an iceknife from Scorpion's blood. I hope there's more of that and that the martial arts are well choreographed and shot with as little of shacky-cam as possible.

I'm just wondering who's this Cole? I don't remember him from the games I've played. Why isn't Liu Kang the main protagonist of the film!? That's strange. I hope he's actually a different character in disguise and not another Alice from Resident Evil movies.

This looks fun.