Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 12:03 am
I'm not caught up on this series. :? :? :? :wtf:
Wtf dude.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 12:06 am
Before you see this, it is imperative that you see Rogue Nation.

To get a little more involved, I would recommend you start from III, and then go to Ghost Protocol, then Rogue Nation.

Skipping the first and second films is okay, both from story and tone perspective (plus character relationships).
Well that's good to know since i never watched the first two movies fully.

How have people not seen De Palma's M:I? Like, what the fuck are you doing?

Numbers wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 1:04 am
How have people not seen De Palma's M:I? Like, what the fuck are you doing?
Seriously, it’s the alphabet of action/spy genre, get on it peeps.

Is it any better if I've seen the original but none of the others? ....lol

Bacon wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 1:23 am
Nope. Watch III, Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation. Skip two if it’s too much to watch it all. It’s interconnected and especially with the last one.

Bacon wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 1:23 am
Sure, but that's totally your call. The franchise has shifted genre since the original, and no one would blame you for skipping/missing out on the second one at all. It was definitely Woo-ined.

It's really encouraged that you check out 3-6 though. The third one plays as a very serious action film, Ghost Protocol sort of plays as a glorified love note to the first film with the new tech and stunt work we've grown to love, and Rogue Nation one is kind of like: "This is how Bond would be like in the M:I universe and with a team." Fallout feels like a direct sequel to Rogue Nation, and strangely doesn't have any advanced tech besides masks and GPS.

Great movies all in all but the only problem might be perhaps possible ‘M:I overload’, just to be sure watch them at least two days apart and then Fallout next week or something like that. It’s just three awesome movies really, not a difficult task.

I'll have to watch the first 2 MI movies and rewatch this one because I feel like I watched a completely different movie to everybody else.

BlairCo wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 5:38 am
I'll have to watch the first 2 MI movies and rewatch this one because I feel like I watched a completely different movie to everybody else.
Not sure about your complaints about first, what was it, hour and a half? There’s plenty of exciting scenes throughout during those parts.
-exchange scene
-halo jump
-bathroom fight
-Paris scenes
I’m glad McQ was practically with me about the...
... masks. They’re essentially silly but also became an M:I brand over the years, so every time they used them in Fallout was to make fun of the trope (halloween team in masks) while also having fun and cool story twists.
Just brilliant levels of self-awereness and emotional resonance when needed.