The Suicide Squad (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Feels a little bit like Gunn is recycling his own stuff. But overall it's a good entertaining comic book movie I guess. Miles better than Ayer's film at least, but similar to that one, the really interesting things about it are still Davis and Robbie.

Didn't find anything special about Melchior or Dastmalchian here. Elba is an OKish lead. King Shark and Peacemaker are sometimes mildly amusing, but mostly kind of annoying.

The
Harley's escape
scene is an all timer.

I'm sorry, but this was... nothing. And I'm not sure what people are thinking of movies anymore. I feel absolutely left out all of this, I don't know what people are enjoying anymore.

Dug this a lot. I think it's funnier than either of the Guardians films.

I enjoyed the hell out of this. Definately lived up to all my expectations.

Does anyone know where I can download a copy of the script?

Super good time. Love that Idris Elba is in a big-budget flick as a bad-ass; a very under-utilized actor (lookin' at you Thor movies). The violence was very funny.
Starro just pops off.
The needle drops didn't have the power that they do in the Guardians movies, overall I prefer this, but the soundtrack was disappointing. Also, Ratcatcher is the beat heart, the actress is excellent, hope her career sky-rockets.
I keep thinking about the scene where Harley gets the javelin and quietly laughing to myself...good stuff.

Bacon wrote:
August 19th, 2021, 1:43 am
Dug this a lot. I think it's funnier than either of the Guardians films.
It sure is! :lol:
That part when Weasel drowns was so funny. And oh my, lord, the part when Blackguard's face gets blown off that had everyone I watched this with dying from laughter!

Had a blast watching it last month. Liked it.

Favorite film of the year so far!

Watched this one a month ago with Reminiscence.

I wasn’t really feeling the trailers and I thought the cinematography looked so ugly and unflattering. But… I genuinely enjoyed this one. It was really, really good. James Gunn went absolutely nuts and it works so well.

Definitely one of my favorite DC films.