Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Master Virgo wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:Guys just remember that Adam Driver has made it his life mission to only work with the best and brightest in film; from Scorsese to Spielberg to the Coens to Jarmusch... so he's more depressed than any of us about the creative team behind this. Perspective.
I wouldn't exactly label Stallone as someone who is among the best and brightest in film but all right.£
he did write Rocky which is a masterwork of a script imo

and he wrote all the other ones too which aren't that great

but let's stick with the original

Master Virgo wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:Guys just remember that Adam Driver has made it his life mission to only work with the best and brightest in film; from Scorsese to Spielberg to the Coens to Jarmusch... so he's more depressed than any of us about the creative team behind this. Perspective.
I wouldn't exactly label Stallone as someone who is among the best and brightest in film but all right.£
He's a Hollywood legend that would be an honor to work for, but alright.

Michaelf2225 wrote:sorry Allstar
Why are you acting like I am the only one who thinks this is a poor choice?

Allstar wrote:
bc ik how much u like Rian Johnson

Allstar wrote:
He probably figured you'd take it the hardest. You often do when it comes to Star Wars.

Well I'm certainly not heartbroken about his name not being associated with a likely mediocre movie.

Vader182 wrote:
Speaking to a fan on Twitter, Johnson said that the rumour he wrote a story treatment for Episode 9 "is old info."
"I haven't been involved in writing IX," wrote Johnson.

-Vader
lol

Crazy Eight wrote:He's a Hollywood legend that would be an honor to work for, but alright.
He's a legend as an action star among fans of the genre. As a filmmaker he's regarded as a joke. It's like saying it's an honour for the cast and crew of Transcendence to work under Pfister's supervision because he was a great DP.£

The only saving grace about Trevorrow right now is that he isn't Abrams.

Master Virgo wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:He's a Hollywood legend that would be an honor to work for, but alright.
He's a legend as an action star among fans of the genre. As a filmmaker he's regarded as a joke. It's like saying it's an honour for the cast and crew of Transcendence to work under Pfister's supervision because he was a great DP.£
He's an action star period, an icon of an era of Hollywood, and the guy who created and wrote the best sports film of all time. He's a legendary name to work with/for, someone to mark off Driver's growing resume of cinematic legends. Sure, it's not the same as crossing off Spielberg and Scorsese from the list, but it's a nice addition to a seemingly (mostly) cultivated filmography.