Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
"I'm Rey Skywalker" vs. "I'm a Jedi, like my father before me."

Sadly romanticising a bloodline became the ultimate legacy of this saga instead of glorifying an ideology worth fighting for.

AWESOME MOVIE!!!! LOVED IT!
It's fun, dynamic, beautiful and fucking epic! Finally another great SW movie!
I love how there's always something happening, the story never stops, it's dynamic, it's fast and every character had their moments, even 3PO was important for the story.

There's a few little things I didn't like that much: that Reylo kiss was a little too much, but okay... the guy redeemed himself and saved her life, so that's okay, but thankfully he died. He killed his father, so he had to die.

The story also gets a little messy sometimes, like sometimes they try to overcomplicate simple things, like that McGuffin plot. "Oh he destroyed the thing... Oh wait, there's two of it". I think it was a little weird.

But really, little things. In general I think the movie is pretty awesome. It's big, it's epic, it's so well directed, it looks great. The action scenes are sooo beautiful. Han Solo has a great cameo, Luke has a pretty cool scene. Even the prequel character's had their moment. It was amazing listening Mace Windu, Qui-Gon Jinn, Yoda, Obi Wan and I guess a few other other characters as well.

"This weapon deserves more respect" LOL (Or something like that)

I laughed so hard with that big FUCK YOU RIAN JOHNSON
Respect the lightsaber, man! LOL

The movie gives you so much, it's was very satisfying

Also that final scene, when Rey finally knows who she is, she is Rey Skywalker, now she knows her name. That was beautiful, that message: It doesn't matter where you came from, but who you choose to be. It was beautiful. Great final scene. Epic and beautiful.

The choice for the weekend as either this or the Neverending Story....yeah, no sorry Star Wars. I might eventually watch this but I'm not in a hurry to watch this and overall, I don't care much for films that cater to the toxic parts of the fandom even if it is by accident. I might not think The Last Jedi was anything too groundbreaking but I can admire Rian Johnson's attempt at telling a different story and at least from what I understand that film was directed and written way better than this.
Last edited by Batfan175 on December 21st, 2019, 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

was this movie a parody or

ChristNolan wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 12:21 am
was this movie a parody or
There were attempts at humor so perhaps?

atilasantos wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 10:48 pm
I love how there's always something happening, the story never stops, it's dynamic, it's fast and every character had their moments, even 3PO was important for the story.

There's a few little things I didn't like that much: that Reylo kiss was a little too much, but okay... the guy redeemed himself and saved her life, so that's okay, but thankfully he died. He killed his father, so he had to die.

The story also gets a little messy sometimes, like sometimes they try to overcomplicate simple things, like that McGuffin plot. "Oh he destroyed the thing... Oh wait, there's two of it". I think it was a little weird.

But really, little things. In general I think the movie is pretty awesome. It's big, it's epic, it's so well directed, it looks great. The action scenes are sooo beautiful. Han Solo has a great cameo, Luke has a pretty cool scene. Even the prequel character's had their moment. It was amazing listening Mace Windu, Qui-Gon Jinn, Yoda, Obi Wan and I guess a few other other characters as well.

Also that final scene, when Rey finally knows who she is, she is Rey Skywalker, now she knows her name. That was beautiful, that message: It doesn't matter where you came from, but who you choose to be. It was beautiful. Great final scene. Epic and beautiful.
Why am I not surprised

https://twitter.com/CinemaScore/status/ ... 1595246593

Got a "B+" Lowest for a life action Star Wars.

Also, headed towards a $185+ million opening weekend domestically. Still real good, but decent drop from $220 million of Last Jedi.
Last edited by radewart on December 21st, 2019, 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nistopher Colon wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 4:33 am
atilasantos wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 10:48 pm

Why am I not surprised
honestly maybe not giving this clown the attention he wants is the way to go at this point

B+ cinema score. Worst ever for any live action Star Wars movie. Maybe it wasn’t a good idea to try to make a movie for certain “fans”.

Peter Scrietta is getting crazy defensive over people critiquing this, he even suggested it’s possible KMT asked for a small role. :roll: :facepalm: