Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
To be precise, the ad is for their app, which now contains a function that grants you a free Whopper when reading out loud a displayed spoiler :blank:

The only way I didn't get myself spoiled is when the leaks turn out to be wrong (which seems unlikely)

Edit: This is the spoiler free version of their ad (sadly not the one I watched)
Last edited by Dobson on December 11th, 2019, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dobson wrote:
December 11th, 2019, 6:31 pm
To be precise, the ad is for their app, which now contains a function that grants you a free Whopper when reading out loud a displayed spoiler :blank:

The only way I didn't get myself spoiled is when the leaks turn out to be wrong (which seems unlikely)
I got slightly curious by your post so I did some quick reddit searching... woopsie :crazy:

This is so fucking weird though. How can they pull that shit off lol

#boycottburgerking (although I already never go to Burger king.)

Yo whaaaat?!

I was joking to Vader last night that maybe the leaks were all intentionally made up and planted to surprise people, and this may actually add credence to that? lol

lindsey romain @lindseyromain
yeah so here's a direct quote of john boyega insinuating kelly marie tran is "weak" for how she dealt with TLJ backlash. i'm... i just... wow.

Wow, this is beyond pathetic and sad.
Matt Goldberg @MattGoldberg

I know TROS is going to make $1B no matter what, but so far on this press tour we’ve got JJ ragging on TLJ, Daisy Ridley not acknowledging white privilege exists, and Boyega saying Kelly Marie Tran is mentally weak because of online bullying.

Anyway, STAR WARS is family.

haven’t yet looked into ridley’s interview, but holy damn, i thought we finally left that “mental illness/issues = weakness” mentality in 2019 ??? but i guess i’m really naive like that.

ngl stuff like this is really disappointing to hear, i might as well just check out of this thread now so as to not ruin the fun for myself.

And Abrams and the cast (Hamill included) were all correct to (lightly) criticize The Last Jedi.

Maybe bashing Jedi is Disney's marketing policy. Maybe they've given them green light to do it. Since the cast and JJ just can't maintain any level of professionalism all of a sudden.

J. J. Abrams: "I had some gut instincts about where the story would have gone [after Star Wars: The Force Awakens]. But without getting in the weeds on episode eight, that was a story that Rian [Johnson] wrote and was telling based on seven before we met. So he was taking the thing in another direction. So we also had to respond to Episode VIII. So our movie was not just following what we had started, it was following what we had started and then had been advanced by someone else. So there was that, and, finally, it was resolving nine movies. While there are some threads of larger ideas and some big picture things that had been conceived decades ago and a lot of ideas that Lawrence Kasdan and I had when we were doing Episode VII, the lack of absolute inevitability, the lack of a complete structure for this thing, given the way it was being run was an enormous challenge. However, to answer your question—truly, finally—now that I’m back, the difference is I feel like we might’ve done it." (April 9, 2019)

Abrams has lightly said it was a different direction than he had planned. But the different direction is hardly the only thing I and others found wrong with that last episode.

As for more speaking out now, well the people in charge know what the early ticket sales for TROS have been like: less than TLJ and TFA first day's and they have comparisons beyond that they know internally.

Whether TROS is entertaining and fulfilling, well, I'll just have to wait on that one.