Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:Isn’t it kind of baffling JJ and co. put that reveal in trailers let alone the teaser?
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Maybe bringing Palps back will make sense. But why reveal it so early?

Vader182 wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 2:03 pm
I’m amazed all of you are leaping to extreme conclusions based on a tease. We don’t know how, or how much, or in what way, any of this will come to be.

I don’t much like the title even if I’m fine with what it implies. TDKR is a crappy title too.

There’s no way the 9 movie Skywalker trilogy ends with the last Skywalker unnredeemed and evil.

“No one is ever really gone.”

-Vader
On the surface it feels repetitive and predictable though.

How would you react if Rey is revealed to be a Skywalker?

Only a sith deals in absolutes. It all relies on execution. I’ll almost definitely be angry, but it’s Ren’s theme that plays at the end of the trailer though so..

-Vader

They will make it work, obviously. Tbh, I'm fine with Palpatine returning in whatever capacity. Hell, maybe he's a Force Ghost or something. Either way, I'm sure McDiarmid is going to be deliciously evil as he was in Revenge of the Sith.

As for Kylo Ren fixing his helmet, call back to his family I presume?

edit: it'd be great for Rey to be a Skywalker as I thought TFA alluded towards to so heavily
Last edited by Nomis on April 12th, 2019, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kylo’s redemption, if done right, although i can’t imagine how that could be atm, but i might be wrong and i’m choosing to not overthink that, could be good, so i don’t mind it too much

however if they backpedal on rey’s heritage, then man, idk, but that would really suck imo. just no way going around that

Vader182 wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 2:10 pm
Only a sith deals in absolutes. It all relies on execution. I’ll almost definitely be angry, but it’s Ren’s theme that plays at the end of the trailer though so..

-Vader
Someone archive this lol

Backpedaling on Rey's parentage CAN BE HOW they 'redeem' (I hate this word because you really can't forget about all the evil prior) Kylo Ren. Rey as his presumed dead sister which is why Luke felt the darkness building in him before he confronted him in those psychotic flashbacks in SW:TLJ.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 2:11 pm
Vader182 wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 2:10 pm

-Vader
Someone archive this lol
It would be funny. He was insistent TFA dismisses that idea. Not saying he’s wrong but...the title makes me leave some doubt.

Mad Max: Fury Poe