Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
It's strange seeing people get upset at the way Disney treats its IPs only once Star Wars is affected, as if Disney hadn't turned each and every single thing they touched into an undead cash cow: it's moving but it's dead and empty inside..

Why are we listening to random people on reddit again?

Nauta wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 4:12 pm
To be fair a random person on reddit leaked the whole movie months in advance.

Nomis wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 1:15 pm
AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 12:13 pm
Speaking of cameos
I really wasn’t expecting to see Ford as Han again and it was a really beautiful scene. At first I thought it was gonna be Luke who talks to Ben.
I also might be the only one who recognized John Williams. The audience was dead - cons of seeing a screen too early or too late I guess.
Ford and Driver were so fucking good in that scene. I think it's the best scene of the film. They convey so much emotion with so little. The dramatic scenery helps of course but dammit. Ford is such a pro, his performance in 2049 is also some of his best work. I just love Driver in these three films. He has such a screen presence and it seems that he has such knowledge of what is going on and of his character. I loved how he turned more into Han Solo in the third act of the film, after his redemption. that little shrug after receiving the lightsaber from Rey, that's just pure Han. There might be a lot to criticize in these films but Ford and Driver don't belong in any of that.
yeah, this a thousand times, Driver carries everything and that whole fight scene and his turn are utter perfection the more I think about it, easily the best thing about this film

Something about it is just so solid that Im assuming it has probably been the one constant between most versions of the script or perhaps just the way it connects to the best scenes Revenge, Empire, Return and Awakens that makes it feel like the whole saga has been building up to this (more than the ending itself really)

Driver is amazing, but
Ren as a character is too similar to Vader to really soar on his own. His journey and arc should have been very different than that of Vader.
m4st4 wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 3:38 pm
What the fuck. JJ just revealed what Finn wanted to say Rey and, buckle up... It's not what you think.

@ar1aster
I had the privilege of attending the Academy screening of #TheRiseOfSkywalker today and J.J. confirmed that what Finn wanted to tell Rey was that he’s force sensitive!
How? What?...Why?
I bet he's also the grandson of Mace. lol

Nauta wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 4:12 pm
People on Reddit have been alarmingly accurate recently with Star Wars reports.

Gotta say I was fanboying hard when
you hear the voices of all the jedi speaking to Rey. I wonder if we could get a list of who all contributed to that.

I heard:
Frank Oz, Sam Jackson, Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, Hayden Christensen (maybe?), Alec Guinness and Mark Hamill.

Any others?

TROS feels like it skipped one movie and went straight from TFA to this. You're watching it thinking, wait, I feel like I'm missing something here, like I was in a dreamstate.

Cilogy wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 1:46 am
Gotta say I was fanboying hard when
you hear the voices of all the jedi speaking to Rey. I wonder if we could get a list of who all contributed to that.

I heard:
Frank Oz, Sam Jackson, Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, Hayden Christensen (maybe?), Alec Guinness and Mark Hamill.

Any others?
Luminara Unduli (Olivia D’Abo), Aayla Secura (Jennifer Hale), Adi Gallia (Angelique Perrin) and Ahsoka Tano (Ashley Eckstein) from Clone Wars

Kanan Jarrus (Freddie Prinze Jr) from Rebels

https://www.thewrap.com/who-were-jedi-v ... -skywalker/