Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Well her role in TLJ won't be adjusted, so we heard, but I think they had big scenes in store for her in EpIX... I guess they are going to resolve those differently or put the focus on someone else?

idk, first see what TLJ brings us lol

Okay so previous rumors said Leia was to have a confrontation with Ben in EpIX. Lets assume that's true, I don't think it far fetched imo and possibly vital to Ben's fate, what do you want:

1. recast Leia, let the scene(s) take place anyway
2. rewrite, figure out another way of 'redemption'/whatever the outcome is for Ben

I don't get it. Disney already owns May by way of Marvel. They have the same opportunity with Star Wars and December, and yet they decide to release episode IX during Marvel Month within three weeks of an Avengers movie.

Well... SW has traditionally been May. Bring it back home

ArmandFancypants wrote:Well... SW has traditionally been May. Bring it back home
Right, but again, May has been claimed by Marvel for years, and the first three SW films of this new generation have all/will come out in December.

Oku
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:Well... SW has traditionally been May. Bring it back home
Right, but again, May has been claimed by Marvel for years, and the first three SW films of this new generation have all/will come out in December.
Especially now that the first Avatar movie isn't coming out in 2020.

It'd be one thing if Disney were silent on the matter, but coming out this early and straight up announcing that it's abandoning the Star Wars in December trend that's been doing so well for it?

Especially when another branch of its company is already releasing a movie in May that is sure to dominate that month already??

:?: :?: :?: Disney.

Not that I mind getting this more than six months earlier than expected, maybe it has to do with the apparently imminent writers strike 2: Strike Harder? Or maybe not, since Trevorrow is writing it himself so idk

Either way, I don't feel much for May being an important slate for Star Wars but again, getting this sooner ain't a bitch

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
Disney would be stupid to release this and Avengers 4 so close to each other. They should bump it back to December 2019.

Also holy shit 2019 is going to be Disney's biggest year ever. They have Star Wars Episode IX, Avengers 4, Frozen 2, The Lion King, and Toy Story 4.