Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Really loved that teaser, but I have to admit, the prospect of Sidious uttering lines that are written by the guy behind Steppenwolf and Luthorberg, terrifies me.£

Nomis wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 2:36 pm
sebal24 wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 2:29 pm
My prediction:
Rey is a Skywalker, but as Anakin, she has no father. She is daughter of Leia, step-sister of Kylo. She is the one that could defeat Palpatine, as Anakin should have, but couldn't.
Only hiccup is how are they going to explain that Leia cheated on Han. I think she might be the daughter of Luke after all but of Keri's character who noped Luke and had Rey or something. That makes more sense to me.
I said that Rey could be like Anakin, without a father. So, under the same circumstances she would be the chosen one to defeat The Emperor, the dark side, or so.

For me, the "Rise" of Skywalker is referring to the lineage, the blood kinship, conquering evil.

That would make sense if they want to finish this story and continue with something else.

And I think that she's not the daughter of Luke because that should have been reveled already.

sebal24 wrote:
My prediction:
Rey is a Skywalker, but as Anakin, she has no father. She is daughter of Leia, step-sister of Kylo. She is the one that could defeat Palpatine, as Anakin should have, but couldn't.
Thanks, I hate it. I love the fact TLJ clearly said Rey is the daughter of nobodies, that being force-sensitive is a relatively common thing.

Tbh the only way this can go down is Rey and Kylo defeating Palpatine together, thus redeeming Kylo or something like that.
Master Virgo wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 3:39 pm
Really loved that teaser, but I have to admit, the prospect of Sidious uttering lines that are written by the guy behind Steppenwolf and Luthorberg, terrifies me.£
I have some hope, Terrio didn't write the script alone.

Episode IX: The Emperor's New Groove

Zzzzz. Can't wait for this to end. Out of the 10 Star Wars movies. Only 2 are good.

I've been bitchin' plenty enough so let's say one positive.

The cinematography looks incredible

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 4:58 pm

Do you think it looks significantly better than TFA or Last Jedi? I didn’t get that vibe.

Not gonna lie, as much as I’m skeptical... I love Ian as Palpatine so much, will be exciting to see him play the role again.

sebal24 wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 4:03 pm
Nomis wrote:
sebal24 wrote:
My prediction:
Only hiccup is how are they going to explain that Leia cheated on Han. I think she might be the daughter of Luke after all but of Keri's character who noped Luke and had Rey or something. That makes more sense to me.
I said that Rey could be like Anakin, without a father. So, under the same circumstances she would be the chosen one to defeat The Emperor, the dark side, or so.

For me, the "Rise" of Skywalker is referring to the lineage, the blood kinship, conquering evil.

That would make sense if they want to finish this story and continue with something else.

And I think that she's not the daughter of Luke because that should have been reveled already.
Well Rian opted that it doesn't matter who Rey's parents are. Hell, the last scene of the film showed that anyone can rise to greatness.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 4:58 pm

It honestly seems in the mode of Fordian David Lean sweep of TFAs first act and it is everything I wanted.

Busy camera J.J. (into darkness and some of trek) is not the best J.J.

-Vader

Nomis wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 5:32 pm
sebal24 wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 4:03 pm
Nomis wrote:

Well Rian opted that it doesn't matter who Rey's parents are. Hell, the last scene of the film showed that anyone can rise to greatness.
I'd rather have had this boy return than Palpatine. I've been waiting for McDiarmid to come back for so long, the guy almost carried the prequels on his shoulders with his performance. But I'd rather have seen him return in Rogue one.