Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Driver getting billing before Ridley makes perfect sense

He's an academy award nominee and is one of the leads, what's there to roll eyes at

I'm like ... anti-excited about this.

Must admit, I don't feel the hype either. Maybe closer to release.

It's kind of interesting how so many iconic cultural phenomena that have either started or got reinvigorated in 2010s have had their conclusions in 2019 the final year of the decade.

GoT, Toy Story, X-Men, Eastrail 177 trilogy, Infinity Saga, How to Train Your Dragon and now Skywalker Saga.

If Abrams and Kennedy nail it with this one, Disney will be 3/3 (Well Glass was a co production lol) in terms of truly fulfilling the promise of their iconic brands this year. Something the other ones failed to do even once.
Last edited by Master Virgo on October 22nd, 2019, 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

The whole "The saga will end" part of the marketing puts a bad taste in my mouth. Like this is supposed to be the resolution of the PT and OT, but isn't that what we got with ROTJ? While it might be fun to have those old characters return for this new trilogy(and something I was never opposed to), it was never necessary. Say it's the end of this trilogy and let that be it.

Ace
Warning.
Some photos have leaked of some major scenes already. People are posting it on other forums and Twitter...

Ace wrote:
October 23rd, 2019, 5:43 am
Warning.
Some photos have leaked of some major scenes already. People are posting it on other forums and Twitter...
well i'm going to live in terror for the next 2 months

-Vader

I think the hype is lower because it feels like they're running dry on OG characters.
Han and Luke are dead
, Leia's a cameo. They left it so dry that the dramatic hook is seeing C3PO die? That's weak.

It feels like the 8 and 9 season of The Office. After Michael was gone, what was the point, really? I'm sorry but neither Rey, nor Kylo, nor Finn are the anchors of the franchise to close it out. They're James Spader or Kimmy Schmidt added near the end of the show. Sure,
Palpatine is a nice closure but it would have been more epic to see him confronted by a hero who was also there at the beginning
. Leia would have been fine, and to be fair to Lucasfilm, maybe she was originally a bigger part of the plan... but now, it feels kind of meh.
Last edited by Nomis on October 23rd, 2019, 7:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: spoilers

Vader182 wrote:
October 23rd, 2019, 5:45 am
Ace wrote:
Warning.
well i'm going to live in terror for the next 2 months

-Vader
Two fucking months! Good luck.

Death Stranding feels even worse, even though it's much closer.

Ace wrote:
Warning.
lol but like how