Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
the resistance theme is great

Rey's theme is magic

men's theme is really good

Jedi steps is great

"spark of the rebellion" slaps so hard

plenty of the rest is good too.

the use of leitmotif on TLJ is fucking incredible. using the kamino theme when they enter the jedi temple is lit.

-Vader

The start of Rey's theme was very promising indeed, the rest not so much.

None of the new themes slap as hard as the new themes the PT got, like Duel of the Fates for instance

btw the start of the Fathiers' track is pretty good but again, the rest just isn't

On a different note:

The "I have been every voice ... YOU HAVE EVER HEARD ... inside your head!" line is one for the ages. For all the faults of shoehorning Palpatine back into the story, that was still a chilling way to set the tone and the character arc for Ben.

Even though I think Palpatine could just as well have been left out because I really don't care for JJ's reasoning behind it (and his constant hard on for nostalgia) McDiarmid just fucking eats it all up and chews it so deliciously like he did in ROTS. He and McGregor easily gave the best and most entertaining performances in the PT.
No wonder someone was willing* to let her cheeks be slapped by Palpatine somewhere during ROTJ I guess lololol
probably begging but still

I need to update my rankings, this is the worst Star Wars movie. I’d rather watch Clones on repeat.

Attack of the Clones gets too much hate, I always see The Phantom Menace as the worse of those two and easily the worst film of this whole saga.

ChristNolan wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 3:09 pm
I need to update my rankings, this is the worst Star Wars movie. I’d rather watch Clones on repeat.
Would you say it “ruins”’the sequel trilogy for you? Or are you still able to appreciate the prior installments?

Cilogy wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 1:08 pm
On a different note:

The "I have been every voice ... YOU HAVE EVER HEARD ... inside your head!" line is one for the ages. For all the faults of shoehorning Palpatine back into the story, that was still a chilling way to set the tone and the character arc for Ben.
Honestly I still have no idea what Palpatine really wanted from Kylo. And if his alliance was important then why did he reveal himself to be the real face behind Kylo's abusive mentor whom he hated and got rid of. How was that a good idea?

Allstar wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 3:41 pm
ChristNolan wrote:
Would you say it “ruins”’the sequel trilogy for you? Or are you still able to appreciate the prior installments?
I never thought that highly of them to begin with. They are *mostly* dishonest vehicles for easy corporate cash grabs. That said, I appreciate some aspects of them here and there. Ford and Boyega’s chemistry in TFA is still a highlight for me.

ChristNolan wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 4:28 pm
Allstar wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 3:41 pm
ChristNolan wrote:
I never thought that highly of them to begin with. They are *mostly* dishonest vehicles for easy corporate cash grabs. That said, I appreciate some aspects of them here and there. Ford and Boyega’s chemistry in TFA is still a highlight for me.
Oh I thought you appreciated TLJ more for some reason.