Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
So that'll give them at least $4 billion

It's worth remembering that Disney targeted both TFA and TLJ for May releases before pushing them back to December.

Nomis wrote:So that'll give them at least $4 billion
Way more. Avengers 4 is almost guaranteed to earn 1.5 billion (most likely over 2). SW ep 9 a little less but still about 1.5. Frozen 2 is guaranteed 1 billion, again a lot more in all likelihood. That's just 3 films. And that's not counting the other films coming out that year.

I'm pretty sure Avengers 4 is being pushed back for whatever reason and this is why Ep. IX is taking that spot.

In a week, the Infinity War films went from ''shooting them simultaneously'' to ''back-to-back'' to ''later in the year''

Now Where Was I ? wrote:I'm pretty sure Avengers 4 is being pushed back for whatever reason and this is why Ep. IX is taking that spot.

In a week, the Infinity War films went from ''shooting them simultaneously'' to ''back-to-back'' to ''later in the year''
They're still releasing the first film close to Han Solo so...

Now Where Was I ? wrote:I'm pretty sure Avengers 4 is being pushed back for whatever reason and this is why Ep. IX is taking that spot.

If they were going to, it'd be weird they didn't announce it today when they're already moving so much around. Plus 'later this year' still fits with shooting the two films back to back, since later in the year is when they wrap Infinity War.

I think they'll genuinely go for having both in May. Both are so big it reduces the risk of them cancelling each other out. Internationally Avengers will have basically a month before Star Wars, more than enough time for a hefty run. RIP literally every other movie coming out that month.

Speaking to a fan on Twitter, Johnson said that the rumour he wrote a story treatment for Episode 9 "is old info."
"I haven't been involved in writing IX," wrote Johnson.

-Vader

sorry Allstar

Guys just remember that Adam Driver has made it his life mission to only work with the best and brightest in film; from Scorsese to Spielberg to the Coens to Jarmusch... so he's more depressed than any of us about the creative team behind this. Perspective.

Crazy Eight wrote:Guys just remember that Adam Driver has made it his life mission to only work with the best and brightest in film; from Scorsese to Spielberg to the Coens to Jarmusch... so he's more depressed than any of us about the creative team behind this. Perspective.
I wouldn't exactly label Stallone as someone who is among the best and brightest in film but all right.£