Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
1 billion looks like a ceiling, not floor right now. Leaves a Justice League scenario in my mouth.

Allstar wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 4:46 am
Peter Scrietta is getting crazy defensive over people critiquing this, he even suggested it’s possible KMT asked for a small role. :roll: :facepalm:
Even in the alternate universe where she did, this wouldn't excuse that the film ends with
Finn staying to destroy the ship, telling Rose to leave, Rose leaving, Finn destroying the ship and surviving. This is a complete misunderstanding of TLJ, and the lesson Finn was supposed to understand, and of Rose who would have tried to stop him.

Haven't seen the film yet, going tomorrow. However, from the people I know who have seen it, they have really enjoyed it.

Seems like it's almost a guarantee that there is going to be a disconnect between how the critics perceive this film and Star Wars fans/general audiences.

Ozymandias wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 9:20 am
Haven't seen the film yet, going tomorrow. However, from the people I know who have seen it, they have really enjoyed it.

Seems like it's almost a guarantee that there is going to be a disconnect between how the critics perceive this film and Star Wars fans/general audiences.
It's not that easy to dissect these days, on the contrary.

People may like it and still get the (many) faults. And like it still.

m4st4 wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 9:59 am
Ozymandias wrote:

That’s where I’m at after first viewing.

m4st4 wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 9:59 am
Ozymandias wrote:

Of course, I didn't mean to say they think it is perfect. But overall, they are enjoying it. I have yet to speak to a friend has hasn't enjoyed it. Whereas with the critics, it is one of the lowest rated of the Star Wars films.

ngl this is so romantic i’m crying

Forum Pro
Law
So I've never really cared for this franchise prior to TFA. I really liked TFA, I liked TLJ, I haven't seen this yet but I'm assuming by everything I've read I'm going to hate it.

law out

Ruth wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 4:40 am
Nistopher Colon wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 4:33 am
atilasantos wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 10:48 pm
AWESOME MOVIE!!!! LOVED IT!
It's fun, dynamic, beautiful and fucking epic! Finally another great SW movie!
I love how there's always something happening, the story never stops, it's dynamic, it's fast and every character had their moments, even 3PO was important for the story.

There's a few little things I didn't like that much: that Reylo kiss was a little too much, but okay... the guy redeemed himself and saved her life, so that's okay, but thankfully he died. He killed his father, so he had to die.

The story also gets a little messy sometimes, like sometimes they try to overcomplicate simple things, like that McGuffin plot. "Oh he destroyed the thing... Oh wait, there's two of it". I think it was a little weird.

But really, little things. In general I think the movie is pretty awesome. It's big, it's epic, it's so well directed, it looks great. The action scenes are sooo beautiful. Han Solo has a great cameo, Luke has a pretty cool scene. Even the prequel character's had their moment. It was amazing listening Mace Windu, Qui-Gon Jinn, Yoda, Obi Wan and I guess a few other other characters as well.

"This weapon deserves more respect" LOL (Or something like that)

I laughed so hard with that big FUCK YOU RIAN JOHNSON
Respect the lightsaber, man! LOL

The movie gives you so much, it's was very satisfying

Also that final scene, when Rey finally knows who she is, she is Rey Skywalker, now she knows her name. That was beautiful, that message: It doesn't matter where you came from, but who you choose to be. It was beautiful. Great final scene. Epic and beautiful.
Why am I not surprised
honestly maybe not giving this clown the attention he wants is the way to go at this point
I just love how some people here respects other people's opinion so much

"You like something I don't, so you're clown. I hated this movie, so you can't like it, you have to hate it as well, otherwise you're wrong"

So mature :thumbup:

Sorry if you hated, it sucks when it happens
I don't like feeling I wasted my money too
But I loved it. Deal with it and let people be happy

Yeah it totally has nothing to do with the "FUCK YOU RIAN JOHNSON" part of your post or anything. You could have said your spiel without that part.