Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Oku
What about in TLJ when Kylo and Rey touched hands while intensely staring into each other's eyes, in what the director called "the closest thing we'll get to a sex scene in a Star Wars movie"?

How can they be siblings after something like that??

Imagine the family reunions...awkward!

for real

remember Leia and Luke kissing

kylo ren is like by far my favorite character in the new films, which is mostly everyone’s choice, but i’d still feel pretty offended if anyone implied i misinterpreted the character or whatever lol.

About the title, TDKR may not have been a great title, but the Rise scene and the last shot made it work in the most incredible way. I hope JJ is able to justify the title in such a moving way, but it'll be hard. For the moment, it seems that the trailer is either indicating that Rey is a Skywalker (bad idea) or spoiling Ben's arc (why would you do that?). I hope they've gone for a third option.
About Palpatine, let's see how they pull it off, he's the main villain of the SW universe, and a great way to bring all the film as one story. But it feels insulting to change what has been for 36 years the end of SW, that Anakin kills Palpatine(don't talk about the books). Or maybe he'll be a ghost and he'll do a ghost fight with Hamill :clap:

Is that Snoke laughing? Palpatine? Pretty cool ending. Thank god, J.J. is back

BlairCo wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 2:21 pm
Mad Max: Fury Poe
Post of the day :clap:

Ruth wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 2:46 pm
kylo ren is like by far my favorite character in the new films, which is mostly everyone’s choice, but i’d still feel pretty offended if anyone implied i misinterpreted the character or whatever lol.
I didn’t mean you. I see loads of people online (and here) who see Ren in TLJ as finally becoming this all powerful villain figure instead of ending the movie more fractured and broken than ever.

If only they could include an aspect of his costume that personified that...

-Vader

Bacon wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 1:20 pm
Ian apparently showed up on stage.
What a lazy and bland approach to this. It was fantastic until the last few seconds completely exposed its hand. Preparing for the worst
Basically. Fingers crossed JJ and Terrio make this work because I am extremely skeptical of this whole element which could unravel the otherwise awesome looking film

The reactions from Star Wars fans that liked this on here have been considerably more condescending and childish than the people who haven't. Anyone who starts out their side of an argument with "Well guess what?!" might not have as legitimate point as they think.

I got chills watching this teaser but it didn't move me the way TLJ teaser did. And yeah another desert planet?

Rian really did screw em up real bad to make his masterpiece - which I absolutely love.
Rey's parents. Killing Snoke. And obviously the unfortunate loss of Carrie Fischer
I still don't think they're gonna make Rey a Skywalker. They are probably trying to lead us into thinking that's what's gonna happen per usual. But yeah I'm not really fond of bringing back Palpatine.

No matter what I disliked about the teaser, I'll be there day one.