Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
atilasantos wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 12:31 pm
THE RISE OF SKYWALKER IS A TERRIBLE MOVIE THE WORST MOVIE EVER MADE BY HUMANKIND

Now you're happy. Great
Let's talk about the movie
Good job at avoiding the question lol

Ruth wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 12:33 pm
i never even said i hated it lmao
Great, so you liked some things about it
Let's talk about it

atilasantos wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 12:34 pm
Ruth wrote:
Let's talk about it
Okay, you first!

Artemis wrote:
atilasantos wrote:
THE RISE OF SKYWALKER IS A TERRIBLE MOVIE THE WORST MOVIE EVER MADE BY HUMANKIND

Now you're happy. Great
I don't care about what you think about me. I'm here to discuss the movie, but come on, discuss the movie with arguments and not calling ppl clowns just because you hated it

Write an MLA style 1500 word essay about why you love Rise of Skywalker without mentioning Rian Johnson and no use of cuss words. Make sure to include citations.

atilasantos wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 12:36 pm
Artemis wrote:
atilasantos wrote:

Now you're happy. Great
I don't care about what you think about me. I'm here to discuss the movie, but come on, discuss the movie with arguments and not calling ppl clowns just because you hated it
I haven't even seen this movie yet so technically I don't hate it lmao

could y'all tone down the enormous letter pls they look too large compared to mine

Ruth wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 12:35 pm
atilasantos wrote:
Ruth wrote:
Let's talk about it
Okay, you first!
Like I've said, it's epic, the script is dynamic, the story moves fast, I like that. The movie gives you so much to deal with it. It's so well directed, the action scenes are beautiful, the jokes are pretty much in the right place.

That's why I didn't like TLJ that much. It's too slow, I watch that movie and I feel like there's no much going on until the third act. I love those Rey-Luke scenes, though

Anyway, there's a few little things in TROS I didn't like that much as well: that Reylo kiss was a little too much, but thankfully Kylo died. He killed his father, so he had to die. The story also gets a little messy sometimes, like sometimes they try to overcomplicate simple things, like that McGuffin plot. "Oh he destroyed the thing... Oh wait, there's two of it". I think it was a little weird.

But really, little things. In general I think the movie is pretty awesome. It's big, it's epic, it's so well directed, it looks great. Han Solo has a great cameo, Luke has a pretty cool scene. Even the prequel characters had their moment. It was amazing listening Mace Windu, Qui-Gon Jinn, Yoda, Obi Wan and I guess a few other other characters as well.

Also that final scene, when Rey finally knows who she is, she is Rey Skywalker, now she knows her name. That was beautiful, that message: It doesn't matter where you came from, but who you choose to be. It was beautiful. Great final scene. Epic and beautiful. I didn't cry, but some people there definitely did. It was a very good experience, really. I love when I go out of the theater feeling like other people also had a good time. It always makes me happy. Sometimes you have so much going on in your life and just feels great being able to experience this 2 hour big adventure. That's what this movie is: a big adventure with a beautiful message.
But you know... enjoy TROS or THE LAST JEDI, or the prequels... whatever. That's the great thing about SW. Now we have like 10, 11 SW movies. Good stuff for all tastes. Everybody can be happy with this huge saga. Btw, I'm done with the Skywalker family. DEFINITELY LOL Give us new things now, Disney

In what way is it well directed?

Nistopher Colon wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 12:55 pm
In what way is it well directed?
I hate when I feel like I don't know what's going on during those battle scenes, but honestly, I think J.J. did a great job, again. I can feel a very passionate SW fan behind the camera, behind every single scene. It's hard to explain, but the angles, the shots most of the time feels right, you know? It sets you inside the action, it makes you part of it. I love that. I felt like I was part of that adventure with those guys. It reminded movies like Indiana Jones and the original SW, of course

That scene under the rain. That was beautiful. It was really intense. It gives you that sense of danger, like you gonna die in any minute, girl. One mistake and she's dead. When Rey "killed" Kylo, I was literally on the edge of my seat. Seriously. I guess this says something about the way J.J. directed the scene. It worked, imo.

I also liked the fight between Rey and Palpatine, but I think it was too short, the lightning against the lightsaber

Btw, I loved everything about Paul Dameron. He's great in this one. Great lines, funny (that kiss joke). Isaac did a great job. Rose was pretty much forgotten, though. I don't know, she doesn't do much. Maybe she could be part of the group, but I don't know, maybe they though it would be too many ppl together or something.

The movie feels big, you know? It feels epic, a big and satisfying epic adventure with a beautiful message. Loved it